Bullnose Forums

Front suspension terminology

Myrl says above the E8 (plastic) insulators are available from ford, and retrofit back to his F100.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-insulator-anti-squeak_e8tz-5414-b.html

Again, the question is what part does Mike want?

Because the part he says he wants is not the part the dealer is telling him is NLA.

Screenshot_20210217-232218_YouTube.jpg.6c25649b058ee402e8365efb9e7d021a.jpgScreenshot_20210217-232142_YouTube.jpg.f0893067ae11393b7f267d6186f772a9.jpgTo be honest fellas I'm not sure what I need is why I'm asking. It appears that a rubber piece slips over the top of something metal and the spring sits on top of the rubber piece in Jim's diagram it could be number 5B300 or 5415. And wondering if 5a 307 is metal. I'm going to attach a link and some pictures of what I think it is with the moog part number This is off of YouTube and the guy who's doing the repair is on an E350 It's a later model E350 He's as character,http://youtu.be/C_HAnqPw_TY but it kind of gives me an idea of what I was looking for and it'll help me to explain what I think I'm seeing here.Screenshot_20210217-232142_YouTube.jpg.f0893067ae11393b7f267d6186f772a9.jpgScreenshot_20210217-232126_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a98eab3668379ec2a172798ec581066e.jpg

To be honest fellas I'm not sure what I need is why I'm asking. It appears that a rubber piece slips over the top of something metal and the spring sits on top of the rubber piece in Jim's diagram it could be number 5B300 or 5415. And wondering if 5a 307 is metal. I'm going to attach a link and some pictures of what I think it is with the moog part number This is off of YouTube and the guy who's doing the repair is on an E350 It's a later model E350 He's as character,http://youtu.be/C_HAnqPw_TY but it kind of gives me an idea of what I was looking for and it'll help me to explain what I think I'm seeing here.

5B300 is the metal cup that is bolted down inside to hold the spring to the lower arm.

If you want to replace the tattered rubber isolator, then you either want to hunt down the rubber p E2TZ-5415-A or the plastic E8TZ-5414-B that Myrl (a guy that actually works at the dealership) has found works fine in his truck.

YouTube is the biggest mess I've ever seen.

More methheads rattling on about :nabble_poo-23_orig: they have NO idea about than I have ever seen.

That's not to say every video is some crackpot, but you can kinda tell right away who hasn't slept this week.

To be honest fellas I'm not sure what I need is why I'm asking. It appears that a rubber piece slips over the top of something metal and the spring sits on top of the rubber piece in Jim's diagram it could be number 5B300 or 5415. And wondering if 5a 307 is metal. I'm going to attach a link and some pictures of what I think it is with the moog part number This is off of YouTube and the guy who's doing the repair is on an E350 It's a later model E350 He's as character,http://youtu.be/C_HAnqPw_TY but it kind of gives me an idea of what I was looking for and it'll help me to explain what I think I'm seeing here.

20210218_000439.jpg.b5ba7676db80e99e161fb0d4f955a344.jpg20210218_000525.jpg.d9fac5322e3a8b0d12f7a6090b1318e0.jpg20210217_235729.jpg.855fcc42966d3f560a82990be4528ba8.jpg20210217_235722.jpg.4875299d4a855b1ca794eeb321ff3657.jpg

Yes this is a king pin front end vehicle. Looks like an '85 to or '86.

The moog part number says compatible to '88, but that was digging deep on Orileys website.

Here's more pic of the other side which is in better shape20210218_000834.thumb.jpg.534be10e96416ecfce07050d8f6010e5.jpg20210218_000741.jpg.e03013546ca5e04b1c02c53f2ababc58.jpg20210218_000734.jpg.4385d6a13c908be0df9175791b157055.jpg

5A307 is the metal seat you kinda see in your last YouTube screen shot.

The insulator fits over it and under the spring.

In your first pic the sway bar link is bolted to it, and it looks fine.

I dropped a link on the bottom of the last page for the plastic part Myrl is using.

It's seven bucks and change from Ford....

5A307 is the metal seat you kinda see in your last YouTube screen shot.

The insulator fits over it and under the spring.

In your first pic the sway bar link is bolted to it, and it looks fine.

I dropped a link on the bottom of the last page for the plastic part Myrl is using.

It's seven bucks and change from Ford....

If you want the spring seat it's ~$10 and the same on both sides.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-seat-spring_d4tz-5a307-a.html

This is supposed to fit, according to your VIN, but I trust very little online.

If you want the spring seat it's ~$10 and the same on both sides.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-seat-spring_d4tz-5a307-a.html

This is supposed to fit, according to your VIN, but I trust very little online.

Yes that guy..... Character for the lack of a better description, which I believe you are spot on Jim. I found the screenshots helpfull to help me explain, but the mute button was my friend on this video for sure.

Anyhow I ordered the part you recommend from the link.. 10.00 shipping yikes, and unfortunately they only had 1, so now need to find another. Probably should have found elseware to purchase a set(2). Maybe I should try to cancel. I want them to be the same..

Yes that guy..... Character for the lack of a better description, which I believe you are spot on Jim. I found the screenshots helpfull to help me explain, but the mute button was my friend on this video for sure.

Anyhow I ordered the part you recommend from the link.. 10.00 shipping yikes, and unfortunately they only had 1, so now need to find another. Probably should have found elseware to purchase a set(2). Maybe I should try to cancel. I want them to be the same..

I would probably go to your local dealer and order.

I'm not sure what MSRP is, but there's never 'delivery' to a dealer.

If they try to charge one (or charge above retail) report them to Ford directly.

I get 'jobber' when I purchase through the dealer, so it is heavily discounted.

As for that car guy.... I've seen enough outright garbage and dangerous "fixes" that don't even address the problem, I'd like to punch him right in the face.

I've got no problem if you think your obnoxious and loud delivery give you "cred", and I don't care if people are receptive to that "stuff", but when you're a textbook example of Dunning-Krueger that is going to get someone else killed because of your stupidity you ought to be banned.

I would probably go to your local dealer and order.

I'm not sure what MSRP is, but there's never 'delivery' to a dealer.

If they try to charge one (or charge above retail) report them to Ford directly.

I get 'jobber' when I purchase through the dealer, so it is heavily discounted.

As for that car guy.... I've seen enough outright garbage and dangerous "fixes" that don't even address the problem, I'd like to punch him right in the face.

I've got no problem if you think your obnoxious and loud delivery give you "cred", and I don't care if people are receptive to that "stuff", but when you're a textbook example of Dunning-Krueger that is going to get someone else killed because of your stupidity you ought to be banned.

Hilarious Jim I almost dropped my phone because I was laughing so hard, tell it like it is.....sounds like myself..I like it..

So anyhow I called my local Ford dealer again same guy from yesterday answered. I and gave him the part number and he insists that he did a nationwide search there's none available the part is obsolete and that there is not one, but two different part numbers one different part number for each side and they're not the same. I don't know enough about it to argue with him or to help him do his job, so hear I am.

If you know anybody you can personally put me in contact with that I can pay over the phone I will buy them from that person and have them shipped to me here in Oregon or anyone on here have these readily available I can pay personally through PayPal.

Hilarious Jim I almost dropped my phone because I was laughing so hard, tell it like it is.....sounds like myself..I like it..

So anyhow I called my local Ford dealer again same guy from yesterday answered. I and gave him the part number and he insists that he did a nationwide search there's none available the part is obsolete and that there is not one, but two different part numbers one different part number for each side and they're not the same. I don't know enough about it to argue with him or to help him do his job, so hear I am.

If you know anybody you can personally put me in contact with that I can pay over the phone I will buy them from that person and have them shipped to me here in Oregon or anyone on here have these readily available I can pay personally through PayPal.

Myrl is in Oregon.

Go click on his username and send him an email.

I'm sure he can get them if he is the one who says they fit and are still available.

I'm willing to bet he gets a discount at least as much as mine.

If for some reason he cannot put you in contact with someone who knows better than your number dummy, I will go check with my counter guy.

Shipping would be whatever a flat rate envelope is these days.

I get it that I'm old and cranky.

That I just "don't understand how it is with kids these days"

Ok.

Coherent sentences, and a basic understanding of what you've got your hands on are an absolute minimum to be seated at the grown-ups table.

Not raising your voice when everyone can hear you.

Something to back up your harebrained conclusions might be good too.

I'm not missing anything because I have that channel on ignore.