Bullnose Forums

Front suspension terminology

Beyond toast...burnt toast. Yes got new airbags and shocks all the way around. This thing had an unbelievable amount of chassis roll when I got it. The shocks were original 😱

Maybe charred toast? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Hope you put some HD shocks on there. But it looks like you have sway bars - right?

Maybe charred toast? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Hope you put some HD shocks on there. But it looks like you have sway bars - right?

The shocks I put on were by application for a cutaway/motorhome.

When I first got this thing it was downright scary to drive. Original shocks, no airbags, and the sway bar bushings looked like the insulator....well the half that was still there at least. It was delivered to me, the guy I bought it from insisted . So I had never drove it, and only lived in it for about 6 months at the time before I decide to take my wife on a road trip. No need to pack a bag, just pull the wheel chalks and roll...

I turned around before I hit the gas station, I swear there must have been a pinch mark on the seat cover when I got back to the RV lot.:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I used E8TZ-5414-B on my '81 F100. They're a plastic or nylon material instead of being cut from rubber belting. They look like they'll last a good, long time - AND they're still available from Ford! I'd put money on them fitting all 100-350 series trucks.

Ford's official description from the catalog is INSULATOR (FRONT SUSPENSION SPRING - LOWER)

That's good to know, Myrl!

I hadn't thought to see if a later application could retrofit, since these seem to be available.

(Of course, I don't have coils either :nabble_smiley_thinking:)

That's good to know, Myrl!

I hadn't thought to see if a later application could retrofit, since these seem to be available.

(Of course, I don't have coils either :nabble_smiley_thinking:)

New developments... So I called my local Ford dealer today and inquired about the lower insulator for the coil spring. It took him a while of searching around before he told me that the parts are obsolete and they're not available. He did give me the part numbers which I believe were different than the ones y'all gave me so I don't know what to do. I need those parts, here's what I got from him as far as Ford part numbers looked up by application, not by VIN numbers.

-Passenger side E2TZ5A306C

-Drivers side D4TZ5A307C

Any way to cross these numbers to something that is available?

Thanks you

New developments... So I called my local Ford dealer today and inquired about the lower insulator for the coil spring. It took him a while of searching around before he told me that the parts are obsolete and they're not available. He did give me the part numbers which I believe were different than the ones y'all gave me so I don't know what to do. I need those parts, here's what I got from him as far as Ford part numbers looked up by application, not by VIN numbers.

-Passenger side E2TZ5A306C

-Drivers side D4TZ5A307C

Any way to cross these numbers to something that is available?

Thanks you

The dude at your dealership doesn't even have the correct basic part number.

I can't say I'm surprised, but there it is!

The dude at your dealership doesn't even have the correct basic part number.

I can't say I'm surprised, but there it is!

2wd-with-stamped-axle-b.jpeg.8e37460c3890eeb18c50ce569fb45cc4.jpeg

Do you want the insulator, or the seat?

Because, as you can see above, it isn't the same thing.

(Yes, I know this is F-series. It's what's available on site)

Besides, as Gary has shown, the proper part is the same... F or E series.

Do you want the insulator, or the seat?

Because, as you can see above, it isn't the same thing.

(Yes, I know this is F-series. It's what's available on site)

Besides, as Gary has shown, the proper part is the same... F or E series.

Jim, from looking at the pictures, his front axle looks closer to Darth's. it looks like he has king pins.

One thing to check on the motor home, check the chassis build date, it may be actually older than 1985, frequently I ran into motor homes where the chassis was 1 to 2 years older than the year of the vehicle. The chassis units are generally sold in batches and may sit for quite a while before being completed.

Jim, from looking at the pictures, his front axle looks closer to Darth's. it looks like he has king pins.

One thing to check on the motor home, check the chassis build date, it may be actually older than 1985, frequently I ran into motor homes where the chassis was 1 to 2 years older than the year of the vehicle. The chassis units are generally sold in batches and may sit for quite a while before being completed.

Spring_Insulator.jpg.654721a94461d751482f106db9df5410.jpg

It's shown as fitting all 100-350 E and F 2wd from 1982 on.

I don't think the issue is fitment....

It's shown as fitting all 100-350 E and F 2wd from 1982 on.

I don't think the issue is fitment....

Myrl says above the E8 (plastic) insulators are available from ford, and retrofit back to his F100.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-insulator-anti-squeak_e8tz-5414-b.html

Again, the question is what part does Mike want?

Because the part he says he wants is not the part the dealer is telling him is NLA.