Bullnose Forums

Front suspension terminology

Screenshot_20210215-225014_eBay.thumb.jpg.4abe3b49ec70b30ec787bdbf27987c0e.jpg

The Cobra had a severe bleed of power steering fluid for many years before I got it. There was literally no good rubber left over on the front drivers side of the suspension. Last piece of the puzzle is "#9". Its bearly hanging on. It looks like a frayed rubber mat hanging out from under my coil spring. What is the official name of this part for ordering. Any links you can share to get me going in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Also I'm going to be replacing the front coil springs because their shot. SD Truck Spring has what they call a HD coil for Diesel. But fitment says any E350. They want 200.00 for a set of them but what kills me is the 75.00 shipping on top of that, plus they're real slow at processing. Ideally I'd like to have some next day from Amazon, but I'm unsure about the Moog Brand they mostly sale. I'm familiar with Moog bushings and such and run them on my Jeep, but springs? Just unsure what to do.

Thanks in advance for the help.

LMC sells them, but I don't know if they fit the 1-ton chassis or not. I assume yes.

What you are going to need is the Ford VIN number for the "incomplete vehicle" to figure out the spring information. If you are lucky the spring code will be on that sticker. Due to the increase in weight over a E350 van they may well be a special spring requested by the RV builder. The other option would be to take a page from the Chevrolet P30 motorhome chassis. They were so overloaded from the factory that they had airbags in the front springs to keep the ride height where it needed to be.

Good luck with it! I changed the lower spring "cushions" on Darth a few years ago as his were pretty rough and they apparently are the same from F150 to F350 as the pretty nice ones Gary took of Dad's Truck fit perfectly.

What you are going to need is the Ford VIN number for the "incomplete vehicle" to figure out the spring information. If you are lucky the spring code will be on that sticker. Due to the increase in weight over a E350 van they may well be a special spring requested by the RV builder. The other option would be to take a page from the Chevrolet P30 motorhome chassis. They were so overloaded from the factory that they had airbags in the front springs to keep the ride height where it needed to be.

Good luck with it! I changed the lower spring "cushions" on Darth a few years ago as his were pretty rough and they apparently are the same from F150 to F350 as the pretty nice ones Gary took of Dad's Truck fit perfectly.

I used E8TZ-5414-B on my '81 F100. They're a plastic or nylon material instead of being cut from rubber belting. They look like they'll last a good, long time - AND they're still available from Ford! I'd put money on them fitting all 100-350 series trucks.

Ford's official description from the catalog is INSULATOR (FRONT SUSPENSION SPRING - LOWER)

I used E8TZ-5414-B on my '81 F100. They're a plastic or nylon material instead of being cut from rubber belting. They look like they'll last a good, long time - AND they're still available from Ford! I'd put money on them fitting all 100-350 series trucks.

Ford's official description from the catalog is INSULATOR (FRONT SUSPENSION SPRING - LOWER)

Is it possible to order from your dealership? I do have a good source but if your place can do on-line orders and have a decent price I would just as soon give you the business.

Is it possible to order from your dealership? I do have a good source but if your place can do on-line orders and have a decent price I would just as soon give you the business.

Here's what I'm working with.20210216_125137.jpg.08269174b21c0ff4c5d0660244587132.jpg

20210216_125129.jpg.6e0f78c867fa580028005137ee2671bd.jpg

Sorry about the orientation, you can see just how shot it is. My local dealership is usually significantly more plus shipping. I've had the best luck getting cheap genuine Ford parts off ebay, or Amazon with free shipping. Now that I know what to refer to it as, I'll shop around.

Thanks for the help

Here's what I'm working with.

Sorry about the orientation, you can see just how shot it is. My local dealership is usually significantly more plus shipping. I've had the best luck getting cheap genuine Ford parts off ebay, or Amazon with free shipping. Now that I know what to refer to it as, I'll shop around.

Thanks for the help

Regardless of the orientation, those are toast!

But, you already have air bags.