Bullnose Forums

Best source for body panels

delco1946

You're in Portland - PickNPull has lots of bullnoses between their Portland and Sherwood yards. Most of them are pretty rust free, too.

Thanks for all the replys. The picknpull has been great over the years but without a truck to get larger body panels i'm not sure how that's going to work out.

I will talk with the body shop ASAP, but I think ill buy the Dennis Carpenter NOS/OEM hood. I see they also have the right NOS/OEM fender. Haven't found a left NOS/OEM fender yet, but the shop could probably fix the small dent easily. I can't seem to find a cab roof pice of sheet metal for our trucks (they seem to exist for most other models thought :nabble_anim_confused:).

I'm trying to be positive and just think of this as a way to get a 1/4 "new" truck, especially after it gets painted, and i'll probably fix the drip rails too now.

Thanks for all the replys. The picknpull has been great over the years but without a truck to get larger body panels i'm not sure how that's going to work out.

I will talk with the body shop ASAP, but I think ill buy the Dennis Carpenter NOS/OEM hood. I see they also have the right NOS/OEM fender. Haven't found a left NOS/OEM fender yet, but the shop could probably fix the small dent easily. I can't seem to find a cab roof pice of sheet metal for our trucks (they seem to exist for most other models thought :nabble_anim_confused:).

I'm trying to be positive and just think of this as a way to get a 1/4 "new" truck, especially after it gets painted, and i'll probably fix the drip rails too now.

44485028-48C6-460E-9B58-DA3F11478D57.jpeg.fe145918c266e0768d0bb33a3e437c34.jpeg

7ED06471-B5F0-4D9C-AAA7-257116999E7E.jpeg.1d664b13606280f6743720636df57105.jpeg

671D413B-A1C1-454F-8858-26CAB391A698.jpeg.fdf1d2c12d9e068902eacc7258620d22.jpeg

OUCH! That's awful! :nabble_smiley_oh:

Hi Christopher, I am so sorry about your truck, it looks to be a nice one. When I did my truck over I got my panels from Tabco and was very pleased with them. When Dan on the show FantomWorks put a replacement body on 55/56 Chevy he cut the vin tag out of the old body and welded in the new body so as to keep title the same. That might be something you could do if you decide to use another cab. Dan

The dent in the left fender doesn't look too bad to ding out.

Might have to shrink it a bit where it stretched at the creases.

Yes, I was saying if you go the whole cab route be sure to document swapping the VIN so there are no questions or legal issues down the line.

I'm pretty sure legit body shops can get new reproduction door jamb stickers if they send a picture of the old one too.