Bullnose Forums

Hi from NYC !

SPEIRMOOR

No Bullnose yet but I'm on the hunt. Actually never had a Truck, a Pickup or a 4x4 in life. My parents had Fords growing up so now its my turn. I really set my heart on the '80-86 and my ideal goal is to acquire one that's a Shortbed (Styleside), 4x4, Automatic and has AC. Looks are not important but whatever I buy needs to be roadworthy and pass inspection. Haven't owned any car in 15 years but I have several motorcycles which are my real passion. I need something to do here in NYC when the bad weather comes in. Not afraid to get stuck in to any Mechanical/Electrical issues so I'm sure I'll have a bunch of Q's for the group here

Best

John

Welcome, John! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

We can help you on your search. Are you willing to travel a ways to buy the truck and drive it home? Are you looking for an F150 or a 250 or 350? (Don't know that I've ever seen a shortbed 250 or 350.) What engine?

Also, would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

Welcome, John! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

We can help you on your search. Are you willing to travel a ways to buy the truck and drive it home? Are you looking for an F150 or a 250 or 350? (Don't know that I've ever seen a shortbed 250 or 350.) What engine?

Also, would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Guys to be honest I chose the shortbed simply because of the parking congestion here in NYC. I'm right in western Queens only 3mi from Central Park in Manhattan. I rent a garage but all my bikes are in there so the truck will need to be parked on the street. Not much room for anything more that a shortbed. I'm not keen on the Bronco because I want to use the truck for picking up Bikes that I buy and sell.

I found an ideal candidate in Colorado and spoke to the owner. There are a couple of issues

A) They want cash (I asked them look in to other methods Escrow etc in the meantime)

B) I cant do a fly/drive right now as I'll be quarantined once I return to NY so I'll need to ship it

C) Never done this before so not sure what happens next.

I'm guessing if we could fulfill payment, I could insure the truck, obtain plates so by the time it arrives here I'd put my plates on and I'm good to go? I'm not sure how fast DMV are at the moment either with sending out plates under the current pandemic. If it arrives and I don't have the plates I need to get it off the street until I do

Guys to be honest I chose the shortbed simply because of the parking congestion here in NYC. I'm right in western Queens only 3mi from Central Park in Manhattan. I rent a garage but all my bikes are in there so the truck will need to be parked on the street. Not much room for anything more that a shortbed. I'm not keen on the Bronco because I want to use the truck for picking up Bikes that I buy and sell.

I found an ideal candidate in Colorado and spoke to the owner. There are a couple of issues

A) They want cash (I asked them look in to other methods Escrow etc in the meantime)

B) I cant do a fly/drive right now as I'll be quarantined once I return to NY so I'll need to ship it

I'm guessing if we could fulfill payment, I could insure the truck, obtain plates so by the time it arrives here I'd put my plates on and I'm good to go? I'm not sure how fast DMV are at the moment either with sending out plates under the current pandemic. If it arrives and I don't have the plates I need to get it off the street until I do

If you are willing to go that far I'd suggest you look in the Pacific North West. Oregon and Washington. Several of the guys on here watch the various adverts from there and post the interesting ones on here, and they go much less expensive there than anywhere. And, they are usually in better shape since they don't use salt on the roads.

If you are willing to go that far I'd suggest you look in the Pacific North West. Oregon and Washington. Several of the guys on here watch the various adverts from there and post the interesting ones on here, and they go much less expensive there than anywhere. And, they are usually in better shape since they don't use salt on the roads.

Good advice Gary. I guess I’m just trigger happy at the moment and want to scratch that itch. Thing is that truck in CO totally suits me. Damn Covid 🤬

I don't know that a Shortbed is too good for you trading in bikes.

You may be saving 16" wheelbase but you have to watch the overall of the bikes you can fit.

I know my /7 would barely close the gate.

And I have 8' ramps (overall) that are steep enough as is to get a bike up in there.

If they were 16" shorter many bikes would high center going in.

Not trying to discourage you.

Just showing you from my side of the fence.

I don't know that a Shortbed is too good for you trading in bikes.

You may be saving 16" wheelbase but you have to watch the overall of the bikes you can fit.

I know my /7 would barely close the gate.

And I have 8' ramps (overall) that are steep enough as is to get a bike up in there.

If they were 16" shorter many bikes would high center going in.

Not trying to discourage you.

Just showing you from my side of the fence.

Didnt think of that. When the tailgate is down is it like an extension of the bed or does it flop all the way down?