Bullnose Forums

1980 F350 4X4 C6 Project

Atlas75

Do you know which carburetor you have?

There should be a little aluminum tag affixed to the choke coil that will have the part and build numbers.

With that information you should be able to get a rebuild kit, and fix your accelerator pump.

I'm going to suggest Mike's Carburetor Parts.

They have a great YouTube library showing how each carburetor can be torn down and reassembled, with adjustments and settings you'll need.

I was able to confirm that the carb is a Motorcraft and it is a two barrel. The tag appears to have been removed. I am still pretty confident it is a 2150 but how will I be able to know which actual model of the 2150 I have?

I was able to confirm that the carb is a Motorcraft and it is a two barrel. The tag appears to have been removed. I am still pretty confident it is a 2150 but how will I be able to know which actual model of the 2150 I have?

You can read a build number on the front of the choke horn, and the venturi size should be on the side.

(I'm pretty sure Mike's covers this in their video)

I had a little time yesterday to look into some of the engine vacuum issues. I am no expert here but I don’t think any of the vacuum system is working. I found the vacuum manifold attached to the rear of the intake and I noticed here were 5 ports. 3 were used (one to the brake booster, one to the trans, and one I can’t remember at the moment) and 2 were open and not capped. If they are open, wouldn’t that keep anything from operating correctly?

FE517265-11F1-42E8-A2E5-D8CBD5585077.jpeg.ad0d84a788165ea14bca798589eb028c.jpeg

You can see one of the open ports in this photo just to the right of the hose coming straight toward the camera. I think I might go to the auto parts store and see if they have some plugs and rent a vacuum gauge and see what I can find out.

I had a little time yesterday to look into some of the engine vacuum issues. I am no expert here but I don’t think any of the vacuum system is working. I found the vacuum manifold attached to the rear of the intake and I noticed here were 5 ports. 3 were used (one to the brake booster, one to the trans, and one I can’t remember at the moment) and 2 were open and not capped. If they are open, wouldn’t that keep anything from operating correctly?

You can see one of the open ports in this photo just to the right of the hose coming straight toward the camera. I think I might go to the auto parts store and see if they have some plugs and rent a vacuum gauge and see what I can find out.

The third may go to a splitter attached to the front of the cowl.

And from there into the climate control.

(I'm not positive on an older truck like yours)

Yes, cap any unused ports.

They are definitely a bad vacuum leak.

The third may go to a splitter attached to the front of the cowl.

And from there into the climate control.

(I'm not positive on an older truck like yours)

Yes, cap any unused ports.

They are definitely a bad vacuum leak.

I do have a splitter up high on the firewall. Nothing is hooked to it either.

What is this? It is mounted to a plate that sits between the carb and the intake manifold. There is no line hooked to it.

20210221_165925.jpg.d5647cdb5feef4a9fae36f2b1c768a51.jpg

I do have a splitter up high on the firewall. Nothing is hooked to it either.

What is this? It is mounted to a plate that sits between the carb and the intake manifold. There is no line hooked to it.

On my splitter, the vacuum lines go to the tranny. And maybe somewhere else? I’d have to look.

Well...when I started I was drawing about 7" of vacuum. I capped off 2 open ports on the vacuum manifold and now I have 10". How much should it have?

Well...when I started I was drawing about 7" of vacuum. I capped off 2 open ports on the vacuum manifold and now I have 10". How much should it have?

You should have in the neighborhood of 18 - 20" of vacuum if all things are sealed and the engine is running correctly. And see if the pics here don't help with vacuum lines: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/illustration_2_orig.jpg. And, by the way, that's Rusty. :nabble_smiley_wink: