Bullnose Forums

1980 F350 4X4 C6 Project

Atlas75

Well, looks like we might need more info. This suggests that there was a change at serial # F10,001. Do we know which it is? It is "after", right? Because it is a bolt and washer.

You saw the Unbrako head stamp.

It's definitely not a stud and nut.

But, even if it were, it could have been retrofitted to the newer standard.

Well, looks like we might need more info. This suggests that there was a change at serial # F10,001. Do we know which it is? It is "after", right? Because it is a bolt and washer.

I'm confused? :nabble_anim_crazy:

The snippet above says the bolt is 304743, but there is no mention of that bolt in the whole of the text side of the MPC.

Instead, the snippet below of PL # 185 seems to say it is 355765, but it only takes 4 of them. Is that the right part? What is the size of the bolts in question?

Misc_Dana_PL_185-1.thumb.jpg.6cfdb55fc39fe457ba35821338bf9e4e.jpg

I'm confused? :nabble_anim_crazy:

The snippet above says the bolt is 304743, but there is no mention of that bolt in the whole of the text side of the MPC.

Instead, the snippet below of PL # 185 seems to say it is 355765, but it only takes 4 of them. Is that the right part? What is the size of the bolts in question?

1/2-13 ????

You are highlighting a bolt for the gear carrier in the pumpkin.

Is yours a full floating axle, with flush hubs like that?

If so, again my apologies. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I'm not any athority on Dana 61 axles

Maybe time to decode that BOM

I think it is full floating. The only places it touches anything are at the splines where it slides into the center section and the hub flange where it bolts to the hub. Nothing else touches it.

That drawing is not completely correct to what I have. That drawing shows two nuts and a lock ring in between them. Mine has one nut with a nylon locking ring built into the nut. There is a small metal key that gets driven into the key way and into the nylon portion of the nut to secure it.

92FF322C-61AF-4FEA-8137-FDAA7D23538A.thumb.jpeg.29e87fcf421ecd3ddccad14c0e84aa5c.jpeg

304743-S101 .. Bolt-Hexagon Head - National Coarse Thread 7/16" -14 x 1 3/8" long.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-FORD-304743-S101-BOLT-LOT-OF-7-NEW-GENUINE-FORD-/362899363995

Good find, Jim. Although 7 of them seems an odd number to sell. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Anyway, I was wondering what the torque spec is on them and found the following in the factory shop manual. But that doesn't list those bolts, unless I'm missing something.

However, on line I'm finding that a 7/16-14 G5 would normally be torqued to 50 lb-ft, and a G8 to 70. So, are they torquing them past that?

Dana_Axle_Torque_Specs.thumb.jpg.7df88eb0dfd93bd2d5b57d98094043e2.jpg