Bullnose Forum

1980 F350 4X4 C6 Project

Atlas75

I first noticed how crusty the element was, then all the rust inside the housing.

It's never good when the lid fills up and follows the stud right into the carb.

Hydrolock is a very real possibility that will total your engine when you bend a rod before the engine even starts.

But it could help explain why the accelerator pump is seized.

I do believe that's why the engine I swapped in locked up over winter. I had no idea about to seal and how likes to get in the carb and mine was pretty cracked and missing in some places.

I do believe that's why the engine I swapped in locked up over winter. I had no idea about to seal and how likes to get in the carb and mine was pretty cracked and missing in some places.

Well, it’s suppose to be a little warmer this weekend...looks like I have something to go investigate.

Thanks to all for the tip!

Well, it’s suppose to be a little warmer this weekend...looks like I have something to go investigate.

Thanks to all for the tip!

Do you know which carburetor you have?

There should be a little aluminum tag affixed to the choke coil that will have the part and build numbers.

With that information you should be able to get a rebuild kit, and fix your accelerator pump.

I'm going to suggest Mike's Carburetor Parts.

They have a great YouTube library showing how each carburetor can be torn down and reassembled, with adjustments and settings you'll need.

There should be a little aluminum tag affixed to the choke coil that will have the part and build numbers.

With that information you should be able to get a rebuild kit, and fix your accelerator pump.

They have a great YouTube library showing how each carburetor can be torn down and reassembled, with adjustments and settings you'll need.

+2 on Mike's Carburetor Parts. He has the best top notch kits and his service, expertise, and technical knowledge and advice is second to none.

I believe it is a Motorcraft 2150. I will try to locate the tag to see exactly which version I have.