Bullnose Forums

Another "Big Blue" - '86 F350 4x4 7.5L 460

spike_time

Also note that you should check that the vent hose connected to the brake hose splitter block must be clear.

Otherwise heat from operation will cause enough pressure to drive gear lube past the seals. (and brake shoes for these things aren't cheap :nabble_smiley_hurt:)

So I'm going to suggest you pull it off the hollow bolt that holds the splitter to the axle and blow air through it.

The upper end should be clipped to the top frame flange, out of the way of road debris and possible flooding (unless you're fording a deep stream)

Got another question, as I finally get back to Big Blue ...

I have the Red Strip for the XLT, how have people attached those, when they have come off?

Got another question, as I finally get back to Big Blue ...

I have the Red Strip for the XLT, how have people attached those, when they have come off?

Hi Tim, I am always amazed at how pristine those non rust belt trucks are - very nice.

If you are talking about the reflector on the tail gate then I am wondering the same thing.

IMG_1255.jpg.90cbe235b131949b078077a187e8da48.jpg

I am thinking of some kind of adhesive as many of the plastic fasteners have broken.

Would love to hear what others have done.

Hi Tim, I am always amazed at how pristine those non rust belt trucks are - very nice.

If you are talking about the reflector on the tail gate then I am wondering the same thing.

I am thinking of some kind of adhesive as many of the plastic fasteners have broken.

Would love to hear what others have done.

Exactly the piece I'm talking about.

So the reflector I have is from a different truck, and my Chrome is MUCH nicer, so I'm attaching it there. I tried using epoxy from the back but it didn't take ... wondering what other people are doing. It might just be that I didn't do it right or use the right epoxy.

Exactly the piece I'm talking about.

So the reflector I have is from a different truck, and my Chrome is MUCH nicer, so I'm attaching it there. I tried using epoxy from the back but it didn't take ... wondering what other people are doing. It might just be that I didn't do it right or use the right epoxy.

I would look into 3M 2 sided molding tape.

Only thing is if you can see through the part you may see the tape as it is black.

If that is the case just add it so it will look good when installed.

Dave ----