Bullnose Forums

Another "Big Blue" - '86 F350 4x4 7.5L 460

spike_time

I notice the hot idle compensator is just above a '+' at the idle kicker solenoid.

Is there anything going on between these two?

Because I've never noticed. But I am about as far from CA as you can get in the contiguous states.

In my current setup the "S" has a connection and the "E" does not. Is "S" supposed to be open and the "E" setup?

In my current setup the "S" has a connection and the "E" does not. Is "S" supposed to be open and the "E" setup?

Looking at your diagram, 'S' is going to the evaporative emissions control valves between the bowl vents and the charcoal canisters.

'E' is going to the Vacuum Control Valve that appears to be in the front coolant passage, and from there to the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve.

No vacuum port is supposed to be open.

Bill pointed out above that the manual is hundreds of pages long.

You fortunately have an intact sticker, and it's not hard to decipher.

S is the spark port and is not used on your application, mine did, here is the emission label from mine:

Emission_label1.thumb.jpg.017354a2aa6cb6ad3bc3c633af1b7d41.jpg

There is a list of acronyms on the site but I will try to identify the ones on your diagram.

ABV - Air Bypass Valve (diverts the air injection)

PCV - Positive Crankcase Ventilation

HICV - Hot Idle Compensator Valve (bleeds air into the PCV line at high underhood temperatures)

A/CLDV - Air Cleaner Diverter Valve (provides heated or cold air to the air cleaner)

PURGE CV - Purge Control Valve (2 of them, controls when the canisters are purged)

SOL V - Solenoid Valve (activates the throttle kicker to open the throttle)

EGR - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (dilutes the mixture to reduce NOX levels)

TVV - Thermal Vacuum Valve (controls vacuum signal to various components)

SV-CBV - Solenoid Controlled Carburetor Bowl Vent (closes bowl vents when engine is running)

A/CL CWM - Controls vacuum to the large inlet on the air cleaner

TK - Throttle Kicker (opens the throttle when vacuum is applied)

VDV - Vacuum Delay Valve (one way valve with a restrictor in one direction)

VCV - Vacuum Control Valve (2 of them, thermal controlled to change vacuum applied)

V-REST - Vacuum restrictor (slows the signal rate with an orifice)

Hope this will help, if you can read the label with the actual version such as 4-98S-R10 there is a listing of PNs for missing components.

S is the spark port and is not used on your application, mine did, here is the emission label from mine:

There is a list of acronyms on the site but I will try to identify the ones on your diagram.

ABV - Air Bypass Valve (diverts the air injection)

PCV - Positive Crankcase Ventilation

HICV - Hot Idle Compensator Valve (bleeds air into the PCV line at high underhood temperatures)

A/CLDV - Air Cleaner Diverter Valve (provides heated or cold air to the air cleaner)

PURGE CV - Purge Control Valve (2 of them, controls when the canisters are purged)

SOL V - Solenoid Valve (activates the throttle kicker to open the throttle)

EGR - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (dilutes the mixture to reduce NOX levels)

TVV - Thermal Vacuum Valve (controls vacuum signal to various components)

SV-CBV - Solenoid Controlled Carburetor Bowl Vent (closes bowl vents when engine is running)

A/CL CWM - Controls vacuum to the large inlet on the air cleaner

TK - Throttle Kicker (opens the throttle when vacuum is applied)

VDV - Vacuum Delay Valve (one way valve with a restrictor in one direction)

VCV - Vacuum Control Valve (2 of them, thermal controlled to change vacuum applied)

V-REST - Vacuum restrictor (slows the signal rate with an orifice)

Hope this will help, if you can read the label with the actual version such as 4-98S-R10 there is a listing of PNs for missing components.

I like the 'topside creeper'! And the truck...:nabble_smiley_good:

Those things are great!

Bought a couple a number of years ago for painting our house but they spend most of the time now in front of a truck :nabble_smiley_good:

I just noticed that it is rated at 225 lbs. I'm pushing 200 with my boots on, and I've picked up the monster starting battery while standing on that thing, so it isn't like a fuse and breaks at the rated limit. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I just noticed that it is rated at 225 lbs. I'm pushing 200 with my boots on, and I've picked up the monster starting battery while standing on that thing, so it isn't like a fuse and breaks at the rated limit. :nabble_smiley_wink:
Well I sure not anywhere close to 225 and have had no issues ;-) might be pushing the limit but it doesn’t bend when I’m not it.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 7:03 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I'm pretty sure any ladder/scaffolding/whatever has a safety factor of at least 3.

And still people will overload them to failure. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Of course this means more weight, complexity, set-up and use of resources for something that is supposed to be temporary.

I think I would get a wheel step, because I'm often not working on a slab.