Bullnose Forums

Bronco B Pillar cracks

Gsmblue

This has been annoying me for a while, I have the dreaded cracks on both sides of my Bronco and this weekend, I found water drips on the inside of my both the B pillars.

I have a pdf copy of the TSB from Ford (attached) and this is clearly something I have to farm out. Before I ask my new friends at the shop, how have you tackled this issue? Did you epoxy supports in or weld? Did you follow the TSB or do it another way?

TSB_96_20_11.pdf

I don't have a Bronco, yet, so I've not done it. But is it ok if I put that TSB in our repertoire? I'm sure I have it on paper, but haven't scanned it in, so using yours would sure make it easy.

I found it on the internet, so I think it is fine to use.

Thanks

I think I will get my cracks sorted out before the summer. I am going to take the TSB into the shop that is working on my truck and get an estimate from them. I will report back in a few weeks (months?) when that is done in case it helps anyone else looking to do the same.

It seems these cracks are very common.

I think I will get my cracks sorted out before the summer. I am going to take the TSB into the shop that is working on my truck and get an estimate from them. I will report back in a few weeks (months?) when that is done in case it helps anyone else looking to do the same.

It seems these cracks are very common.

Common enough, that Ford felt they needed to inform dealer service about it and create a kit for dealing with it.

Good to know! And thanks for bringing it to the attention of the forum. :nabble_smiley_good:

Common enough, that Ford felt they needed to inform dealer service about it and create a kit for dealing with it.

Good to know! And thanks for bringing it to the attention of the forum. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes thanks! And unfortunately it may be why I’m hearing a lot of popping in my Bronco.

Yes thanks! And unfortunately it may be why I’m hearing a lot of popping in my Bronco.

I have some weird noises going on and I think at least some of it is those cracks..

The shop I went to today think they can deal with it, probably weld not epoxy, which is fine by me!