Bullnose Forums

1986 Bronco (Mossberg)

gatof16

Sure please add me! Depends on what mood I'm in, but I normally say O-wasso!

You are on the map. Hope you like Italian food. :nabble_smiley_wink:

So, are you originally from Owasso? We've been here in 'took for about 12 years, but get over your way frequently for shopping, doctor's visits, etc.

So, are you originally from Owasso? We've been here in 'took for about 12 years, but get over your way frequently for shopping, doctor's visits, etc.

Wow that Bronco is dirtier than both my 1986 and 1988 parts trucks combined. :nabble_smiley_oh:

We've lived in Owasso since 2007. I grew up in East Tulsa and went to college at OU. After a few years in the active duty Air Force we came back to Owasso to settle in the suburbs! Hope to see you at your next Bullnose get together!

We've lived in Owasso since 2007. I grew up in East Tulsa and went to college at OU. After a few years in the active duty Air Force we came back to Owasso to settle in the suburbs! Hope to see you at your next Bullnose get together!

Thanks for your service. :nabble_smiley_good:

And, I certainly hope we get to meet.

• 1 month later...

Here's a link to the '86 EVTM start and run wiring. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/start--ignition.html

You'll see there's at least three connectors C121, C128 & C190.

I would look first at the clutch switch jumper (connector 190) up near the forward side of the fuse panel, since you have an automatic.

You can use a spare fuse as a makeshift jumper to test the rest of the wiring.

Note, that at the end of each EVTM chapter there are the pertinent troubleshooting steps laid out for you.

Finally got back to working on Mossberg...thanks to Jim and the EVTM diagram the culprit ended up being this connector by the crossmember. Cleaned it well and added some bulb grease and now it cranks like a champ! Hopefully this weekend I can put the new tank w/ pump in after I clean out the lines. Then get it running!20210328_165450.thumb.jpg.2bcf7c79dd22395ff26f6c2147a10a01.jpg

Finally got back to working on Mossberg...thanks to Jim and the EVTM diagram the culprit ended up being this connector by the crossmember. Cleaned it well and added some bulb grease and now it cranks like a champ! Hopefully this weekend I can put the new tank w/ pump in after I clean out the lines. Then get it running!20210328_165450.jpg

Excellent! Glad you found it and got it fixed. :nabble_smiley_good:

Finally got back to working on Mossberg...thanks to Jim and the EVTM diagram the culprit ended up being this connector by the crossmember. Cleaned it well and added some bulb grease and now it cranks like a champ! Hopefully this weekend I can put the new tank w/ pump in after I clean out the lines. Then get it running!20210328_165450.jpg.99aa51cd1ff8d1bef82c2ebd751cc569.jpg

20210328_165450.jpg.99aa51cd1ff8d1bef82c2ebd751cc569.jpg

I'm glad you were able to find the problem with the help of the documentation here. :nabble_smiley_good:

Looking forward then the update!

• 2 weeks later...

Just came about this post to find another local Okie among us....Wagoner here. Glad to have you and hope to meet you at one of our future get togethers!

Noted you were in the AF. Thank you for your service. I too was AF, in fact it is what brought me to Oklahoma. Last duty station was Altus AFB working on C5's, C141's and KC-135's.

As to your Bronco, you have your hands full there, but you're in the right place to get it all worked out.

Glad to have with us!

• 1 month later...

Just came about this post to find another local Okie among us....Wagoner here. Glad to have you and hope to meet you at one of our future get togethers!

Noted you were in the AF. Thank you for your service. I too was AF, in fact it is what brought me to Oklahoma. Last duty station was Altus AFB working on C5's, C141's and KC-135's.

As to your Bronco, you have your hands full there, but you're in the right place to get it all worked out.

Glad to have with us!

Thanks John! And thanks for your service too!

After cleaning out 500 pounds of mouse turds, rebuilding the EFI harness that was chewed up, replacing the steering column I butchered to unlock the cock-eyed steering wheel (including a new lock cylinder), troubleshooting wires and connectors related to the ignition system, and replacing the fuel tank/pump after blowing out all of the lines, I have a video to share. I apologize for it being 6 minutes long, but I wanted to capture this on video. Feel free to correct me if I say anything that's not right, I'm still learning!