Bullnose Forums

Re: 83 F150

MILLS

Note that those #'s pertain to the same part. Any # ON a Ford part is not a part number. It is an ID #, regardless of what everybody thinks. So people look at a part and advertise that they have that part #. But in reality they have that ID #.

And that makes it hard to find find parts since what we have in the Master Parts Catalog is usually only the part #'s. That's why Jim has been asking you for the number on the part.

Also, do you have this box ticked? If you would reply but tick that box before you hit POST you'll get notified when we answer your posts..

ok thanks,

I have since repaired the part with some spring metal from a concrete spreader tool. cut and wire welded to the open side of the spring. a little tough to shape without breaking. fits like a glove on the ball joint pivot point now

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks,

I have since repaired the part with some spring metal from a concrete spreader tool. cut and wire welded to the open side of the spring. a little tough to shape without breaking. fits like a glove on the ball joint pivot point now

Excellent! Hope it works well.

• 5 months later...

good evening everyone, I am searching for a clutch fork for my 83 4x4 4speed. retaining spring is broken on the back. would appreciate help in finding a place to purchase one. The one on the left of course is incorrect for my truck.

I am looking for this exact same clutch fork. Can anyone steer me to the right place to get one? Or sell me one?

I am looking for this exact same clutch fork. Can anyone steer me to the right place to get one? Or sell me one?

You may have missed the email you were sent asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself by starting a new thread in that folder. Don't worry, many people do miss it. But that step is important as we hold everyone to the guidelines so want to make sure you've read them.

So please assure me you have before posting further?

You may have missed the email you were sent asking you to go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself by starting a new thread in that folder. Don't worry, many people do miss it. But that step is important as we hold everyone to the guidelines so want to make sure you've read them.

So please assure me you have before posting further?

Introductions made.

Has anyone found a source for these or even the clip portion that breaks up? I would gladly take a used one if anyone has one.

What a nightmare for people with a 1983 F150/250 with a 6 cyl , 302, or 351W.

As far as Ive been able to tell, Ford only did this in 1983.

Introductions made.

Has anyone found a source for these or even the clip portion that breaks up? I would gladly take a used one if anyone has one.

What a nightmare for people with a 1983 F150/250 with a 6 cyl , 302, or 351W.

As far as Ive been able to tell, Ford only did this in 1983.

Thanks for the intro. As far as a repair, I've not seen anyone say they found something that will fit. But hopefully someone will come forward with an easy fix.

And yes, that is a one-year unicorn.