Bullnose Forums

Re: 83 F150

MILLS

Except that E3TZ-7515-D (listed for '83) has a ball attached like the new one in the pic. The only ones that pivoted on a bell housing mounted ball like your old one were 460s and diesels.

SO, we need to know what your fork is originally from. Clean it up and see if you can find an engineering number on it.

I did not find any numbers on the clutch however the bell housing number was

E3TA-7505 FA. googled it and pulled up one that looked exactly like it with the ball or mushroom pivot point that screws in back of bell housing so the fork would have to be correct to work with that set up

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine the bell housing is from an '84 or later truck.

In the 1983 Model year a Windsor would have a mechanical clutch.

Does your door sticker say "complies for 1983 model year.."?

Does it have a hydraulic or mechanical release?

Thoroughly clean the part and post the engineering # you find stamped in it.

Then we can help you find a fork that fits.

mechanical release, the sticker says complies for the year

Except that E3TZ-7515-D (listed for '83) has a ball attached like the new one in the pic. The only ones that pivoted on a bell housing mounted ball like your old one were 460s and diesels.

SO, we need to know what your fork is originally from. Clean it up and see if you can find an engineering number on it.

the bell housing on this truck is E3TA 7505FA which has a ball stud in it. the 7515 clutch fork (which is what I have ) shows as correct on the diagrams provided on this web site(the bullnose bible). of course my fork has a broken retaining spring and neither fork nor spring can be found. I guess they mixed and matched some. as I understand the 84s and up went with a hydraulic clutch. if parts can be found, it may be worth the swap. If not I will save engine for another application and scrap the truck

the bell housing on this truck is E3TA 7505FA which has a ball stud in it. the 7515 clutch fork (which is what I have ) shows as correct on the diagrams provided on this web site(the bullnose bible). of course my fork has a broken retaining spring and neither fork nor spring can be found. I guess they mixed and matched some. as I understand the 84s and up went with a hydraulic clutch. if parts can be found, it may be worth the swap. If not I will save engine for another application and scrap the truck

"7515" is the basic number for EVERY clutch fork Ford has ever produced.

It means nothing without a date & division code prefix and an engineering revision suffix.

Just like your example of the bell housing being E3TA-7075-FA

7075 is the basic part number for every bell housing Ford ever made (in all the decades they used this numbering system)

"7515" is the basic number for EVERY clutch fork Ford has ever produced.

It means nothing without a date & division code prefix and an engineering revision suffix.

Just like your example of the bell housing being E3TA-7075-FA

7075 is the basic part number for every bell housing Ford ever made (in all the decades they used this numbering system)

Ok, so I took a look at that bell, and I see it has no boss for an external slave, and it does have a mushroom pivot.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273073561426

Digging up a particular release fork that would fit that bell requires the MPC, and I can't read mine with only my phone....

Ok, so I took a look at that bell, and I see it has no boss for an external slave, and it does have a mushroom pivot.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273073561426

Digging up a particular release fork that would fit that bell requires the MPC, and I can't read mine with only my phone....

Jim - Let me see what I can do... :nabble_anim_working:

Jim - Let me see what I can do... :nabble_anim_working:

Ok, see if this helps. Id # E3TA 7505 FA is part # E3TZ 7505-D, and as we knew, that's an '83-only bell housing for the Windsor engines. (And, I have updated the page at Doc/Driveline/Bell Housings, as shown below.)

bell-housings-updated.thumb.jpg.f75aa0c58f0a3eefac0ef0065996022b.jpg

Which leads us right back to the same part number for the release lever: E3TZ 7515-D, which will be marked E3TA 7515-EB or E3TA-EB as sometimes they leave out the basic #. (And the page at Doc/Driveline/Clutches & Linkage has been updated.)

7515-updated_orig.thumb.jpg.9b62e9b8672d7ea66108dfb92a35c490.jpg

Ok, see if this helps. Id # E3TA 7505 FA is part # E3TZ 7505-D, and as we knew, that's an '83-only bell housing for the Windsor engines. (And, I have updated the page at Doc/Driveline/Bell Housings, as shown below.)

Which leads us right back to the same part number for the release lever: E3TZ 7515-D, which will be marked E3TA 7515-EB or E3TA-EB as sometimes they leave out the basic #. (And the page at Doc/Driveline/Clutches & Linkage has been updated.)

Just saw this, will be looking for that number now (E3TA 7515 EB) in place of the E3TZ 7515 D

Just saw this, will be looking for that number now (E3TA 7515 EB) in place of the E3TZ 7515 D

Note that those #'s pertain to the same part. Any # ON a Ford part is not a part number. It is an ID #, regardless of what everybody thinks. So people look at a part and advertise that they have that part #. But in reality they have that ID #.

And that makes it hard to find find parts since what we have in the Master Parts Catalog is usually only the part #'s. That's why Jim has been asking you for the number on the part.

Also, do you have this box ticked? If you would reply but tick that box before you hit POST you'll get notified when we answer your posts..

Alert_Me_By_Email_Tick_Box.thumb.jpg.89f9ab3918d5b36784b64c86a6e46ac9.jpg