Bullnose Forums

Re: 83 F150

MILLS

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum does have a Marketplace section, where there is a Want To Buy category.

In 1983 your Windsor truck would still have a mechanical clutch, correct?

clutch_lever.jpg.ab25548f3cee5eb92c228bff35f53032.jpgclutch_lever.jpg.ab25548f3cee5eb92c228bff35f53032.jpg

good evening everyone, I am searching for a clutch fork for my 83 4x4 4speed. retaining spring is broken on the back. would appreciate help in finding a place to purchase one. The one on the left of course is incorrect for my truck.

good evening everyone, I am searching for a clutch fork for my 83 4x4 4speed. retaining spring is broken on the back. would appreciate help in finding a place to purchase one. The one on the left of course is incorrect for my truck.

I don't know where you can find one, although you may be able to find one if you had the part number and did some searching online.

If you go to Documentation/Driveline/Clutches & Linkage and then the Clutch Release Lever tab you'll see the part numbers for that lever. Note that the only one that fits is for 1983 trucks, so you are looking for a needle in a hay stack!

Good luck!

I don't know where you can find one, although you may be able to find one if you had the part number and did some searching online.

If you go to Documentation/Driveline/Clutches & Linkage and then the Clutch Release Lever tab you'll see the part numbers for that lever. Note that the only one that fits is for 1983 trucks, so you are looking for a needle in a hay stack!

Good luck!

Except that E3TZ-7515-D (listed for '83) has a ball attached like the new one in the pic. The only ones that pivoted on a bell housing mounted ball like your old one were 460s and diesels.

SO, we need to know what your fork is originally from. Clean it up and see if you can find an engineering number on it.

This forum does have a Marketplace section, where there is a Want To Buy category.

In 1983 your Windsor truck would still have a mechanical clutch, correct?

hey guys

I am having trouble finding correct clutch fork for 1983 f150 4x4 because of the type of pivot point. would anyone suggest where to get one or what if I changed to a later bell housing with different pivot point as there seems to be plenty of clutch forks for other years

hey guys

I am having trouble finding correct clutch fork for 1983 f150 4x4 because of the type of pivot point. would anyone suggest where to get one or what if I changed to a later bell housing with different pivot point as there seems to be plenty of clutch forks for other years

Myrl already pointed out that you have a external slave hydraulic type fork, that in 1983 was only found behind diesels and 460's.

Do like he said and clean it up to find an engineering number.

Does your bell have a mushroom post?

Myrl already pointed out that you have a external slave hydraulic type fork, that in 1983 was only found behind diesels and 460's.

Do like he said and clean it up to find an engineering number.

Does your bell have a mushroom post?

yes it does

Except that E3TZ-7515-D (listed for '83) has a ball attached like the new one in the pic. The only ones that pivoted on a bell housing mounted ball like your old one were 460s and diesels.

SO, we need to know what your fork is originally from. Clean it up and see if you can find an engineering number on it.

this was on a 302 and the bell housing fit so it must have been rigged up somewhere along the way

this was on a 302 and the bell housing fit so it must have been rigged up somewhere along the way

I'd imagine the bell housing is from an '84 or later truck.

In the 1983 Model year a Windsor would have a mechanical clutch.

Does your door sticker say "complies for 1983 model year.."?

Does it have a hydraulic or mechanical release?

Thoroughly clean the part and post the engineering # you find stamped in it.

Then we can help you find a fork that fits.