Bullnose Forums

New Heater core. Looking for firewall gasket.

Tyler

My radiator was leaking at the plastic to core seam. So I bought a new heater core and full aluminum welded radiator from Rock Auto.

Found some neat stuff in the ducting. Sunglass frame, a piece of melted gum, pencils, a pen, a set of keys, pieces of dead trees and a lighter. Looks like a little gnome was about to have himself a campfire.

I need to reseal the firewall thanks to a very old gasket. Also the cab seam while everything is out.

I found a gasket set on detroit muscle technologies for an AC truck. None on LMC or Broncograveyard...

If you know how I can get a new foam gasket set, please let me know. Otherwise, I'm probably just going to seal it with some gasket maker.

Thanks

Heater_core_2.jpg.1de5a2736049c0cbdba34033f88b7ecc.jpg

Heater_core.jpg.91bf61b079311cd4652276ba09b3ed77.jpg

Hey Tyler - I'd sent James (the guy at Detroit) the gaskets below from a non-AC truck (hi-output technically) back in June but he wanted the case to ensure the ones he makes will fit correctly. I never got around to taking a sawzall to the jy and cutting the gasket mounting surfaces. I can put that on my list but I doubt that will happen or they will get made within the timeframe you need. Sorry about that.

IMG_20191025_184304.jpg.f3522a147f0d2168b176f22bbfe5c5c2.jpg

Hey Tyler - I'd sent James (the guy at Detroit) the gaskets below from a non-AC truck (hi-output technically) back in June but he wanted the case to ensure the ones he makes will fit correctly. I never got around to taking a sawzall to the jy and cutting the gasket mounting surfaces. I can put that on my list but I doubt that will happen or they will get made within the timeframe you need. Sorry about that.

And that's quite the collection you found in there :nabble_smiley_happy: