Bullnose Forums

Help On 3G Page

Sorry to be late to this thread, but reading back on Feb 15 2012 @4:41PM Jim wrote,

"On a 1986, with a 2G ALT, if it fails and you pick up a replacement 2G at the auto parts store, it will NOT work if you only have 2 wires on your wire regulator plug. You will have to replace the plug with a 3 wire plug to get it to work."

I'm that guy. On Nov 28 2021 I got a replacement 2G ALT from a long time auto parts store, they swapped over my V belt pulley and the ALT was plug and play into the 2G, two wire VR harnesses. My 86' 302EFI, has two wires, yellow/white and green/red next to each other on the VR plug.

Also, the charge indicator gauge in my truck has always worked well.

Byron, if you click reply to the post you are quoting, not only will your post have a blue link back (in reply to Jim's Rebel..) but you can then hit the leftmost ["Quote] button in the reply window and their post will appear in the body of yours.

I think that's 2021, but the timezone may throw people off. We have members in South America, Europe, Australia & New Zealand, Africa, etc

For example, you can back out everything but what you're responding to (except the prefix & suffix brackets) and only that bit will show up.

Sorry to be late to this thread, but reading back on Feb 15 2012 @4:41PM Jim wrote,

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byron, if you click reply to the post you are quoting, not only will your post have a blue link back (in reply to Jim's Rebel..) but you can then hit the leftmost ["Quote] button in the reply window and their post will appear in the body of yours.

I think that's 2021, but the timezone may throw people off. We have members in South America, Europe, Australia & New Zealand, Africa, etc

For example, you can back out everything but what you're responding to (except the prefix & suffix brackets) and only that bit will show up.

Thanks,