Bullnose Forums

Keeping Aluminum Looking New

Machspeed

Jim - I've watched several videos and this is the only one that might be using a peroxide. Is this sorta what you mean? Do you know of a better one?

The easiest, cheapest, fastest, is to just buy a new one.The plasticizers haven't been broken down by ozone and UV.It will last longer.https://youtu.be/86F2M7M-dgAThat guy is using OxyClean in the first step and 'blonde in a bottle' for the second step.Both are peroxides.There's no denying that it* was effective in his case.

The easiest, cheapest, fastest, is to just buy a new one.

The plasticizers haven't been broken down by ozone and UV.

It will last longer.

That guy is using OxyClean in the first step and 'blonde in a bottle' for the second step.

Both are peroxides.

There's no denying that it* was effective in his case.

Also you will see many videos about 'restoring' vintage video games, keyboards, etc ....

I forget what that stuff is called but it does destroy yellowing.

The plasticizers haven't been broken down by ozone and UV.

It will last longer.

That guy is using OxyClean in the first step and 'blonde in a bottle' for the second step.

Both are peroxides.

There's no denying that it* was effective in his case.

New Bullnose reservoirs run $80 and up and are rare. So if they are in good shape and can be cleaned then a lot of folks will want to go that way.

Your link goes to the same video I posted, but you are saying the first thing he put in, after the rice, is OxyClean? I couldn't catch that. Thanks.

New Bullnose reservoirs run $80 and up and are rare. So if they are in good shape and can be cleaned then a lot of folks will want to go that way.

Your link goes to the same video I posted, but you are saying the first thing he put in, after the rice, is OxyClean? I couldn't catch that. Thanks.

Yes, it is a link back to your imbedded video.

Those of us on Android can't get the same imbed code.

"powdered bleach"

I don't know where this guy lives, but I'm going to assume that it is similar to Oxiclean bleach.

You can get a 250/350 bore MC on U-techcenter for a lot less than $80.

And if you figure you have $30-40 in bleach and stuff, plus a couple of hours of your time to just end up with a degraded and pourus reservoir it makes sense to buy a new one (if you can)

Yes, it is a link back to your imbedded video.

Those of us on Android can't get the same imbed code.

"powdered bleach"

I don't know where this guy lives, but I'm going to assume that it is similar to Oxiclean bleach.

You can get a 250/350 bore MC on U-techcenter for a lot less than $80.

And if you figure you have $30-40 in bleach and stuff, plus a couple of hours of your time to just end up with a degraded and pourus reservoir it makes sense to buy a new one (if you can)

So we went from "Keeping Aluminum Looking New" to painting it so it looks like aluminum, to reviving scungy plastic.

Where is this thread headed now? :nabble_smiley_what:

So we went from "Keeping Aluminum Looking New" to painting it so it looks like aluminum, to reviving scungy plastic.

Where is this thread headed now? :nabble_smiley_what:

My $80 was for a Bullnose coolant recovery/windshield washer reservoir.

Yes, this thread has morphed. But, don't many of our threads? We just discussed COVID vaccinations on Big Blue's Transformation thread. :nabble_smiley_wink:

My $80 was for a Bullnose coolant recovery/windshield washer reservoir.

Yes, this thread has morphed. But, don't many of our threads? We just discussed COVID vaccinations on Big Blue's Transformation thread. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'm not saying it shouldn't, I'm asking what tangent it's going to take. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

That applies to a lot of things Jim, like my beautiful little blue Flareside that currently has a street value of about 2/3rds of what it cost me to build it...lol.

I had a master cylinder and the time to clean it, so I'm going to give it a whirl...whats the worst that can happen;).

Sorry if I steered this thread way off the trail...:nabble_smiley_whistling:

That applies to a lot of things Jim, like my beautiful little blue Flareside that currently has a street value of about 2/3rds of what it cost me to build it...lol.

I had a master cylinder and the time to clean it, so I'm going to give it a whirl...whats the worst that can happen;).

Sorry if I steered this thread way off the trail...:nabble_smiley_whistling:

No, we're all good Cory!

If you're like me and have more time than money, cleaning something up is the answer.

But it's still 35+ years old, so you better temper your expectations.

"I think we're parked, maaaaan"

No, we're all good Cory!

If you're like me and have more time than money, cleaning something up is the answer.

But it's still 35+ years old, so you better temper your expectations.

"I think we're parked, maaaaan"

Buying new is great. I have spent a ton of money on e-Bay buying NOS parts but my truck is a diesel and sense 1995 I have yet to find a NOS radiator reservoir for my truck, so I am going to have to try and clean it. Dan