Bullnose Forums

New member from Mill Creek WA

cjstaci

The hinge is probably too long, so maybe the rough spot is in a section you'll cut off?

I cut the hinge and it works smoothly now. I did screw up and cut the side that goes to plenum a bit short,but it will still work. Here's some pictures. I used some screws temporarily until I get my rivet gun.20210225_154921.jpg.9aeac269e6542f88e30a0823d67054dc.jpg20210225_154959.jpg.a836eaba9a1af9c4294e13b5d78014ad.jpg20210225_155110.jpg.3dd820708664e022eb16f5d7e2bfdabe.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cut the hinge and it works smoothly now. I did screw up and cut the side that goes to plenum a bit short,but it will still work. Here's some pictures. I used some screws temporarily until I get my rivet gun.

It looks great, and will last forever. But I would put a little graphite or some other dry lube on it to ensure that it'll stay lubed over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

I put some never seize on it.

Hello,

Has anyone here used a Canton 16-724 oil pan? I read a review stating the pick up tube mounting tab not aligning with the main cap and the dipstick hitting the mains. Just wondering if this is an actual problem. Also wondering if there would be any fitment issues with headers?

Also interested in a intake manifold. I like the weiand but not the new ones that are made off shore. I see a weiand on Ebay, but it looks like they glass beaded it top and bottom. I guess I could look at 351c manifolds and use spacers. Any suggestions?

Not really interested in the edlebrock.

I've never seen hoses between the master and proportioning valve. I thought someone other than ford did that until I saw the shop manual. Looking at the diagram on the right, it shows hoses for F250 and 350 4x4.

Staci, did you find a source for the flexible brake line between the master and the proportioning valve? My F350 has one flexible line and one hard coiled line.

Staci, did you find a source for the flexible brake line between the master and the proportioning valve? My F350 has one flexible line and one hard coiled line.

I haven't found an OEM style replacement. The cheapest way to go is to make a coiled hard line.

I found stainless braided hoses at summit racing in a variety of lengths. I haven't removed mine yet but I think 16 and 18" hoses will work. I think this is way I am going.

I figure if a coiled hard line would be sufficient, Ford would have done that because it would have been cheaper. I am guessing they used flexible hoses because maybe they anticipated more flex over time than a hard line could withstand. Just a guess.

I haven't found an OEM style replacement. The cheapest way to go is to make a coiled hard line.

I found stainless braided hoses at summit racing in a variety of lengths. I haven't removed mine yet but I think 16 and 18" hoses will work. I think this is way I am going.

I figure if a coiled hard line would be sufficient, Ford would have done that because it would have been cheaper. I am guessing they used flexible hoses because maybe they anticipated more flex over time than a hard line could withstand. Just a guess.

I'm going to say I order all my braided lines from Pegasus Racing.

They have a tremendous assortment of fittings, good pricing and ship quickly.

I'm going to say I order all my braided lines from Pegasus Racing.

They have a tremendous assortment of fittings, good pricing and ship quickly.

On my mustang, I used aeroquip hoses and reusable hose ends, but that is a more expensive way to go.

On a different note, I was just under the truck looking at the oil filter. It looks like when you remove the filter it will drain oil right over the differential. Then I thought about where the filter would be if I put a 460 in. Seems like it would need a remote filter because the crossmember would be in the way. So then I started looking for a place to mount a remote filter, and I am not seeing a good place for it. Any ideas???

On my mustang, I used aeroquip hoses and reusable hose ends, but that is a more expensive way to go.

On a different note, I was just under the truck looking at the oil filter. It looks like when you remove the filter it will drain oil right over the differential. Then I thought about where the filter would be if I put a 460 in. Seems like it would need a remote filter because the crossmember would be in the way. So then I started looking for a place to mount a remote filter, and I am not seeing a good place for it. Any ideas???

A 460/ diesel crossmember has a big divot in it for the right angle filter adapter and a hole in it so you can tighten the banjo bolt from inside the wheel well.

With that adapter it always dribbles down the front of the crossmember.

I've seen remote filters mounted to the back of the radiator support above where it bolts to the frame ear

A 460/ diesel crossmember has a big divot in it for the right angle filter adapter and a hole in it so you can tighten the banjo bolt from inside the wheel well.

With that adapter it always dribbles down the front of the crossmember.

I've seen remote filters mounted to the back of the radiator support above where it bolts to the frame ear

So the 460 /diesel crossmember is different than the 351/400?