Bullnose Forums

New member from Mill Creek WA

cjstaci

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real great lookin truck, Staci! Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. I'll be glad to finish the work I've started. I rebuilt the steering column, fixed the hvac control, putting a factory radio in (got rid of the aftermarket stereo), painted the gauge needles and put blue led lights in. I have new bezel's and a new dash pad on order. Should look good when done. My camera couldn't get a clear shot on the instruments for some reason.

I am looking into www.out of sight audio.com. If anyone has any experience with this let me know. 20210129_183808.jpg.f78b415c2633ccdf56a63008866b4741.jpg20210129_184005.jpg.089599860d52b4a9ecf4e20042f7cfcc.jpg20210129_185559.jpg.52df43f16c85083c67af55324715e128.jpg20210129_184403_(2).thumb.jpg.fc861f6b9c9d36224109e5442e89e34d.jpg

Thanks. I'll be glad to finish the work I've started. I rebuilt the steering column, fixed the hvac control, putting a factory radio in (got rid of the aftermarket stereo), painted the gauge needles and put blue led lights in. I have new bezel's and a new dash pad on order. Should look good when done. My camera couldn't get a clear shot on the instruments for some reason.

I am looking into www.out of sight audio.com. If anyone has any experience with this let me know.

Looking good, Staci.

I don't have any experience with www.out of sight audio.com, but have looked at their stuff. We have a member, or actually a couple of members, George and Nick, that are planning to mod the original radios and add some features. Haven't heard from them of late, but if they get it going it might be of interest to you. It is to me.

Looking good, Staci.

I don't have any experience with www.out of sight audio.com, but have looked at their stuff. We have a member, or actually a couple of members, George and Nick, that are planning to mod the original radios and add some features. Haven't heard from them of late, but if they get it going it might be of interest to you. It is to me.

I hadn't heard of them but just looked them over briefly.

So you are putting a working original style radio in there but can interrupt that output with output from your phone?

I figure you already checked out retrosound?

I'd check with Nick and George like Gary mentioned to see if they've had any luck.

I hadn't heard of them but just looked them over briefly.

So you are putting a working original style radio in there but can interrupt that output with output from your phone?

I figure you already checked out retrosound?

I'd check with Nick and George like Gary mentioned to see if they've had any luck.

I am still considering options. Ricksradioconversions.com is one of a few that install new electronics in the original radio, so it looks original. The out of sight audio caught my attention but I was just looking at a much cheaper option. JL Audio has a bluetooth receiver with rca outputs for $40.00. Since I already have an amp and speakers that would work well for the music on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still considering options. Ricksradioconversions.com is one of a few that install new electronics in the original radio, so it looks original. The out of sight audio caught my attention but I was just looking at a much cheaper option. JL Audio has a bluetooth receiver with rca outputs for $40.00. Since I already have an amp and speakers that would work well for the music on my phone.

Hello,

Another problem. My HVAC system is blowing air through the panel vents. The controls and vacuum motors are all working fine. I loosened up the dash enough to gain clearance, I found that the door that controls air to the panel has a plastic hinge and it is completely broken. It looks like the lower portion of the plastic hinge is permanently attached to the lower part of the plenum. Unless anyone has a better idea, I see two options, 1- replace the plenum assembly or 2- fabricate a metal hinge. I am leaning towards making a hinge.

Hello,

Another problem. My HVAC system is blowing air through the panel vents. The controls and vacuum motors are all working fine. I loosened up the dash enough to gain clearance, I found that the door that controls air to the panel has a plastic hinge and it is completely broken. It looks like the lower portion of the plastic hinge is permanently attached to the lower part of the plenum. Unless anyone has a better idea, I see two options, 1- replace the plenum assembly or 2- fabricate a metal hinge. I am leaning towards making a hinge.

Staci, there are a few threads discussing this, and various ways implemented to resolve it.

Which range from minimal access to fully removing the dash and plenum from the truck.

Seems a small section of piano hinge and some pop-rivets is a popular answer.

Staci, there are a few threads discussing this, and various ways implemented to resolve it.

Which range from minimal access to fully removing the dash and plenum from the truck.

Seems a small section of piano hinge and some pop-rivets is a popular answer.

I was thinking piano hinge too. Seems like a simple fix without having to remove the plenum. I guess I better get to it. Thanks for reply.

Great guide for this here

Wow, what an awesome write up and pictures. Special thanks to Gary Lewis. I thought the monkey joke was great.

I looked at all the local places online and the closest hinge I could find was 72" in length at $40. I ordered one from McMaster-Carr for $5 plus shipping. The only bad thing is I have to wait for it. So now I have to put it back together enough so I can drive the truck and have a defroster. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. It's really sad that Ford was soooo cheap to use a plastic hinge.

This is a great forum.