Bullnose Forums

New member from Mill Creek WA

cjstaci

Hello, I am a life long Ford enthusiast. I started working on cars in 1975 when I got my first car. I served 3 years in the Army then went to Automotive Machinist course at a local community college. I worked as a mechanic from the early 80's thru the mid 90's. I am currently a field supervisor at Metro Transit.

I've owned several cars and trucks over the years, two of the most notable were a 70 Torino Cobra drag pack and a 69 Boss 429. Currently, I have 69 Mustang sportsroof, a 71 Mustang convertible, and my most recent addition is a 81 F350 std cab 4x4.

I bought the 81 F350 last month. It is a std cab, custom, camper special, 400, C-6, 3.54 gears, factory black / black interior. It looks good and is 100% rust free, but it is 40 years old has some problems, most of which are minor. So far I have replaced all of the steering linkage, the steering box and currently waiting on parts so I can replace the shift collar on the tilt column. I also de-mickey moused things the previous owner has done. I still need to address the brake system.

At some point in the future, I would like to upgrade the seat to a 40-20-40 from a late model truck. A local wrecking yard has one that's black cloth. Another thought is to replace the Dana 50 with a Dana 60.F350.jpg.3b3e8fe97828e018ef12ae8a8cf7985b.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Do you go by CJ?

That's a beautiful truck! I hope to see more pics of it in future.

Re the seat, look at the page at Documentation/Interior/Seat Interchangeability. To put the later seat in you'll need the seat base discussed there, and then it'll bolt in.

Would you like to be on our map? Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. We'll be happy to add you.

Welcome! Do you go by CJ?

That's a beautiful truck! I hope to see more pics of it in future.

Re the seat, look at the page at Documentation/Interior/Seat Interchangeability. To put the later seat in you'll need the seat base discussed there, and then it'll bolt in.

Would you like to be on our map? Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. We'll be happy to add you.

Hi, I go by Staci. CJ is for my mustang, (cobra jet).

I briefly looked at the seat interchangeability page. I may have missed it, but how new of a seat will bolt in? I think the one I was looking at is from a 2005.

Yes you can add me to the map.

Hi, I go by Staci. CJ is for my mustang, (cobra jet).

I briefly looked at the seat interchangeability page. I may have missed it, but how new of a seat will bolt in? I think the one I was looking at is from a 2005.

Yes you can add me to the map.

Staci - You are on the map. Looks like there are several of you in that area.

Oh man that truck is gorgeous!

Thanks for the responses and compliments from everyone. I always liked this body style. I think it has the cleanest lines and a great classic look.

I was looking at the members map and see there is a lot of members, so hello to all. I see we have some members in Germany. I was stationed in Kaiserslautern in 1978-79. So, hello to our German friends as well.

As work progresses on my truck, I will post pictures to show what I've done.

Thanks for the responses and compliments from everyone. I always liked this body style. I think it has the cleanest lines and a great classic look.

I was looking at the members map and see there is a lot of members, so hello to all. I see we have some members in Germany. I was stationed in Kaiserslautern in 1978-79. So, hello to our German friends as well.

As work progresses on my truck, I will post pictures to show what I've done.

Welcome!