Bullnose Forums

Steering shaft boot

old55pete

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10219276546295980&set=pcb.3736332139745818&__cft__[0]=AZUwEknk-ThVUYFcLtF53VjdQZlMdIE1EOjl2RUv5K3q3SrQ0NGl5llBOJZSBm5ub77_vfNlEiMFRtMJdFP33ybTdGrJOJkjg9U26Pe6wSgZnAtENVTLCj637QUnEXKC8g4JX5foinjQADIrI7f5QsZh&__tn__=*bH-R

I remember seeing some talking about replacment steering shaft boots at the upper joint. This young fella seams to have it figured it out.

Thanks Gary, I dont know how to do that. As my wife would say, I am computer chalanged ( spelling too)

I'm challenged in many ways, but general computer usage isn't one of them.

As for spelling, Mark Twain once said “Anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination.” You just have a good imagination. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'm challenged in many ways, but general computer usage isn't one of them.

As for spelling, Mark Twain once said “Anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination.” You just have a good imagination. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Still laughing.............Thanks Gary

I think it was Firefire (our new Norwegian member) who showed using a black nitrile glove over his steering shaft.

I've got a universal now, but that's a good part# to know!

The two bent over tabs that are 180 out from each other. Un bend them and pull them apart like a CV joint

The two bent over tabs that are 180 out from each other. Un bend them and pull them apart like a CV joint

Oh...I knew about that part, but I was wondering how to get it on the shaft in the first place, but I was being dumb...lol, because I just remembered that they pull apart...duh.

I have an Amazon bookmark saved, because I'm going to put one of these on the shaft I removed from my 1984, then reinstall in my 1980 project.