Bullnose Forums

Power steering belts "matched set"

Please let us know how it works out.

Well, I went to my local NAPA on payday and asked for a matched set for the power steering. I ended up with 2 individual Napa brand 15543 belts that were different lot codes and dates.

Took a chance since they're so cheap. Put them on today and for me it's close enough. If there is a difference in tension it's subtle. My old belts were leaps and bounds worse.

Well, I went to my local NAPA on payday and asked for a matched set for the power steering. I ended up with 2 individual Napa brand 15543 belts that were different lot codes and dates.

Took a chance since they're so cheap. Put them on today and for me it's close enough. If there is a difference in tension it's subtle. My old belts were leaps and bounds worse.

Glad it worked. It is really the luck of the draw, and you got lucky. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Glad it worked. It is really the luck of the draw, and you got lucky. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Maybe they went in the back with with a belt gauge and chose the two closest?

'Matched pair' doesn't necessarily mean sequential.

It means matched for circumference.

And it seems like that's what you got.

Maybe they went in the back with with a belt gauge and chose the two closest?

'Matched pair' doesn't necessarily mean sequential.

It means matched for circumference.

And it seems like that's what you got.

I actually specifically asked if they had a belt measurement apparatus, they said they had a tape measure lol. The guy might have measured, I'm not sure, they left to a different building for probably 10 minutes. The person at the parts desk said the belts were in the other building and we not yet organized.