Bullnose Forums

Power steering belts "matched set"

Gary funny you mentioned O'Riley's, I did the same there, I was returning an accelerator pump I bought and ended up not using. I gave it to the kid behind the computer with my receipt, and he looks as the package and says, with a cocky attitude" where's the rest of it, where's the pump" that was a good laugh, well deserved I might add. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Jim, Im using Gates 7545. Before I found these the guy at Advance Auto was going to order me the green stripe Gates, but said they don't come in 3/8...

That's funny!

Our O'Reilly's has a high turnover rate. Different people each time I go in it seems. So normally now I go to the place run by two guys that have been in the business forever. But for things like speedo cable lube I thought O'Reilly's would be the better choice as they tend to have a wider selection of those kinds of things. I was wrong.

Yippee! Perseverance, combined with education, pays off. :nabble_smiley_good:

My guess is that the people in the mom & pop joint have been in the business for a long time, including back in the pre-serpentine day when it wasn't unusual to have dual belts. But the kids running the computers in the corporate parts stores have never seen that need.

I walked into O'Reilly's the other day needing speedometer cable lube. The guy behind the counter asked "Year and model?" :nabble_smiley_cry:

He forgot to ask what color. Want to drive one crazy, ask for a radiator for a 1965 Corsa. :nabble_smiley_happy:

My son had a 1965 Corsa coupe, 140hp 4 speed and it had the "heavy duty" suspension (handling package) including the faster ratio steering. That was the package that was turned into the Yenko Stinger. I rejetted the carbs and put lighter power valve weights in the primaries. It had an Otto OT20 cam and was somewhere between a stage I and Stage II Yenko package in addition to having .030 cylinder kits.

We were in Richmond VA for the opening of the Corvair Museum, now relocated to Michigan I believe, and one of the club members who had a strong 110hp early model was told to "teach Matt a lesson", he pulled along side on I64 and did the classic "I wanna race" maneuver. I told Matt "go ahead", he dropped it to 3rd, and walked away from him.

My son had a 1965 Corsa coupe, 140hp 4 speed and it had the "heavy duty" suspension (handling package) including the faster ratio steering. That was the package that was turned into the Yenko Stinger. I rejetted the carbs and put lighter power valve weights in the primaries. It had an Otto OT20 cam and was somewhere between a stage I and Stage II Yenko package in addition to having .030 cylinder kits.

We were in Richmond VA for the opening of the Corvair Museum, now relocated to Michigan I believe, and one of the club members who had a strong 110hp early model was told to "teach Matt a lesson", he pulled along side on I64 and did the classic "I wanna race" maneuver. I told Matt "go ahead", he dropped it to 3rd, and walked away from him.

Good father-son memories! :nabble_smiley_good:

Gary funny you mentioned O'Riley's, I did the same there, I was returning an accelerator pump I bought and ended up not using. I gave it to the kid behind the computer with my receipt, and he looks as the package and says, with a cocky attitude" where's the rest of it, where's the pump" that was a good laugh, well deserved I might add. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Jim, Im using Gates 7545. Before I found these the guy at Advance Auto was going to order me the green stripe Gates, but said they don't come in 3/8...

Gates is giving me 7550 using their vehicle selector

https://www.gates.com/us/en/ymm/search/vehicle/result.html?equipment-clazz=Passenger+Cars+%26+Light+Trucks&vehicle-type=Light+Trucks&year=1986&make=Ford&model=E+Series+Van&engine=V-8+7.5+L

Is your PS pump at one extreme of its travel?

My local Napa claims to be able to order matched sets. Not sure what brand, but I'm going to take a chance come payday since the old belts on mine now are cracking and not matched.

F250 SuperCab 2wd 460 with factory AC