Bullnose Forums

3G advice

Tyler

I promised John some pics of the 8.25" 130A alternator installed in my truck.

What I can't show is how tight it was with the stock bracket..

And just for kicks, here are some pics of how I mounted the Megafuse and relay box.

Just a note on the LRC F5RU-10316-BA regulators in Motorcraft boxes. Spark Surplus on E-Bay has 5 of them for sale if anyone is interested.

spark-surplus (124932 )

99.4% Positive feedback https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-OEM-Motorcraft-GR-818-Voltage-Regulator

Just a note on the LRC F5RU-10316-BA regulators in Motorcraft boxes. Spark Surplus on E-Bay has 5 of them for sale if anyone is interested.

spark-surplus (124932 )

99.4% Positive feedback https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-OEM-Motorcraft-GR-818-Voltage-Regulator

I was speaking to John and saying he ought to be able to assemble a harness for much less than Painless.

He told me he uses O'Reilly, and though I don't have one near me here in CT, I did manage to pick out part numbers for him.

I do not know how much this adds up to, because O'Reilly requires a location for pricing.

I also made the assumption that cables would be the same length I needed for my 460 with the HMEG mounted on the fender liner.

Anyway, O'Reilly #'s

Fuse MEG175 BP

Holder 298900

12" cable SK8412SS

30" cable SK8430SS

Regulator pigtails. HP-3910, S-545 or S-2377

Stator plugs. 645-912 or WPT-1129

Beyond this you need a ring terminal for the yellow/white 'sense' wire to attach at the output lug, and solder-shrink to connect the bk/wh stator plug to the same color wire from the regulator plug.

And connect the existing lt grn/red key on power to the same color wire of the regulator plug.

I don't know how useful this is, but I hope it can help someone

I was speaking to John and saying he ought to be able to assemble a harness for much less than Painless.

He told me he uses O'Reilly, and though I don't have one near me here in CT, I did manage to pick out part numbers for him.

I do not know how much this adds up to, because O'Reilly requires a location for pricing.

I also made the assumption that cables would be the same length I needed for my 460 with the HMEG mounted on the fender liner.

Anyway, O'Reilly #'s

Fuse MEG175 BP

Holder 298900

12" cable SK8412SS

30" cable SK8430SS

Beyond this you need a ring terminal for the yellow/white 'sense' wire to attach at the output lug, and solder-shrink to connect the bk/wh stator plug to the same color wire from the regulator plug.

And connect the existing lt grn/red key on power to the same color wire of the regulator plug.

Thanks for your efforts, Jim!

Anyway, O'Reilly #'s

Fuse MEG175 BP

Holder 298900

12" cable SK8412SS

30" cable SK8430SS

Jim, just to let you know, the Orielly's parts are wayyyyy too expensive. The stator Plug (#645-912) alone was $47.99. Yeah, I know......maybe a listing error, crazy! I went through Amazon for the parts. Thank you!

Jim, just to let you know, the Orielly's parts are wayyyyy too expensive. The stator Plug (#645-912) alone was $47.99. Yeah, I know......maybe a listing error, crazy! I went through Amazon for the parts. Thank you!

That's insane!

Here's both plugs for ~$15 delivered

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F191738752053

For me the fuse is $4, the holder is $8.50 and the cables are $8 & $14 respectively.

So, about $50 all in at retail.

$58.31 plus tax to be exact. Most expensive was the 4 gauge wire kit at $30.19.

Jim - I'll try to capture some of this when I work on the website on Sunday. Thanks for all your work. :nabble_smiley_good:

For me the fuse is $4, the holder is $8.50 and the cables are $8 & $14 respectively.

So, about $50 all in at retail.

$58.31 plus tax to be exact. Most expensive was the 4 gauge wire kit at $30.19.

Oh, those are your prices at Amazon?

I was just adding the eBay pigtail kit to retail Advance prices for the two cables, fuse and HMEG.

$58 is pretty good with that 4 AWG cable kit!

And you'll have the black left over for grounds.

DIY wind and solar storage solutions have really opened up the possibilities with these cable kits. :nabble_smiley_good: