Bullnose Forums

3G advice

Tyler

I found an old thread referencing a Motorcraft regulator with a LRC from Ebay. I have one in my cart.

Anything I need to consider before I buy and install into my DB alternator?

Not fond of the squeal...

Tyler, I want to add that I'm sorry your alternator hasn't come with LRC.

I shared that it should, and perhaps because I received a substitute part from DB I was mistaken. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Tyler, I want to add that I'm sorry your alternator hasn't come with LRC.

I shared that it should, and perhaps because I received a substitute part from DB I was mistaken. :nabble_smiley_blush:

No apology needed, Jim but your sentiments are appreciated. I fully understand the situation as it unfolded.

I am very grateful for you guys and the passion you put into knowlwdge and understanding, then pass that on to help others. Being added to the 3G help page has been a learning experience and caused me to do some self study in electrical engineering.

My truck is now much better off than before I found you guys.

Having said all of that, I bought the Motorcraft LRC regulator and look forward to the next project. And then driving 5000 mi across country this summer in the truck and having the most epic camping trip I can come up with for my son and I.

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Hi Gary, Do you know who sells an LRC regulator like you have, for my 200 amp 3G alternator? I have looked online but all I can find is rebuilt ones or lots of china junk. Thank you. Dan

Hey Dan - what 200 amp 3G do you have and what is your belt setup?