Bullnose Forums

4X4 Shifter Selector Removal

Thanks fellas! Right after seeing Shaun's post, I removed the shifter as he suggested and had it out in ten minutes. I've messed with those "capture grommets" in the past and after reading Shaun's comment recollected the trouble they gave me. Saved me a lot of grief. You guys are great!

Andre, I'll check into those bushings. I need a new boot for the shifter lever so will add them to the mix.

On a slightly different note, but another item for replacement, is the mirror glass in my driver's side mirror. The mirror has a small chip and crack in it. Looks like it was hit with one of those cheap BB guns from a distance.....been there for years now. Thought I saw replacement mirror glass for it in an LMC catalogue. Anybody know how to replace it?

But don't loose that little plastic piece or you'll need another when you put your corner trim back in. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, that white piece and the metal floor plug were the extras I found under the insulation.....LOL!

John, after getting all the old mirror out (I use a gasket scraper as it keeps my hands farther away than a putty knife) I scuff up the inside back to fresh plastic and use sensor safe RTV instead of the double-sided foam tape.

You don't want to use acetoxy cure, the stuff that smells like vinegar, because over time it can eat at the silvering on the back of the mirror.

Blue tape it in place for 24 hours and you should be good to go.

John, after getting all the old mirror out (I use a gasket scraper as it keeps my hands farther away than a putty knife) I scuff up the inside back to fresh plastic and use sensor safe RTV instead of the double-sided foam tape.

You don't want to use acetoxy cure, the stuff that smells like vinegar, because over time it can eat at the silvering on the back of the mirror.

Jim, thanks for the response regarding the mirror. Assuming I have to break the old mirror to get it out then? I've not looked at it close enough to really assess how it comes apart.

Jim, thanks for the response regarding the mirror. Assuming I have to break the old mirror to get it out then? I've not looked at it close enough to really assess how it comes apart.

You can try to gently pry it off, or take a heat gun to the glass while prying.

But usually I'm trying to replace one that is already broken.

If it's a beater truck you can glue the new mirror over the old, but yours is too nice for that.

You can try to gently pry it off, or take a heat gun to the glass while prying.

But usually I'm trying to replace one that is already broken.

If it's a beater truck you can glue the new mirror over the old, but yours is too nice for that.

Thanks Jim!

David, thanks for always being on the look out for parts for us.