Bullnose Forums

Fixing Eddie

firefire

Hi. Here is a update. Have finished the lines fot the transmission / oilcooler. Have taken Eddie out for a spin ( 30 minutes at my workplace ). Mostly acceleration and braking. That V8 sounds nice :). The transmission oil reached 70`C. No oil leaking from anywhere exept a small leak at the back of the engine. Cant say if its from the oilpan or the crank shaft seal. Wrapped the exhaust to reduce heat radiation, and also made an extra heat shield for the transmission. Got the heather core from Rock Auto, APD 9010205, and it fits. For the rear stabilizer bar, 7/8 " Energy Suspension 45123R. Since the stabilizer links were to rusted I ordered new ones. I actually ordered the wrong model but got 2 different ones.One had the same curvature as my old ones ( Black bushings). The other was more bent ( blue bushings ). But they had the same part number. See photo. May I use both versions ? Ordered a new pair of the correct model any way.Today I had the rear springs off. Have ordered new bushings. Getting the old ones out and putting in the new ones is this weeks project.

Your experience with the sway bar links is exactly the same as mine last year.

I cannot understand how parts (sealed in bags with the same number!) can be so different.

In my case the bags were identical.

I ended up refurbishing one of my links and using the new rubbers.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Here is a update. Have finished the lines fot the transmission / oilcooler. Have taken Eddie out for a spin ( 30 minutes at my workplace ). Mostly acceleration and braking. That V8 sounds nice :). The transmission oil reached 70`C. No oil leaking from anywhere exept a small leak at the back of the engine. Cant say if its from the oilpan or the crank shaft seal. Wrapped the exhaust to reduce heat radiation, and also made an extra heat shield for the transmission. Got the heather core from Rock Auto, APD 9010205, and it fits. For the rear stabilizer bar, 7/8 " Energy Suspension 45123R. Since the stabilizer links were to rusted I ordered new ones. I actually ordered the wrong model but got 2 different ones.One had the same curvature as my old ones ( Black bushings). The other was more bent ( blue bushings ). But they had the same part number. See photo. May I use both versions ? Ordered a new pair of the correct model any way.Today I had the rear springs off. Have ordered new bushings. Getting the old ones out and putting in the new ones is this weeks project.

And I see your heater core does have corners!

I've never encountered trouble, but a number of forum members say they are impossible to install. :nabble_smiley_good:

And I see your heater core does have corners!

I've never encountered trouble, but a number of forum members say they are impossible to install. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hi. The heather core has just enough rounded corners to fit :nabble_smiley_good: It fits nice and snug. One thing about the HVAC system that surprised me, is there is no valve to regulate the amount of coolant entering the heather core. That means it is always as hot as the engine/coolant gets. So therefore the temperature of the airflow into the cabin must be regulated with the help of the icy cold AC core. So if my AC system fails, I cant regulate the temperature down from hot. Am I right ?

Hi. The heather core has just enough rounded corners to fit :nabble_smiley_good: It fits nice and snug. One thing about the HVAC system that surprised me, is there is no valve to regulate the amount of coolant entering the heather core. That means it is always as hot as the engine/coolant gets. So therefore the temperature of the airflow into the cabin must be regulated with the help of the icy cold AC core. So if my AC system fails, I cant regulate the temperature down from hot. Am I right ?

There should be a blend door behind the heater core, that shunts air around it.

It's actuator is close to the passenger hood hinge.

That vacuum line often gets brittle and snaps, leaving it open.

Quite a few members have retrofitted a vacuum actuated heater core bypass valve from the smaller Ranger trucks.

This allows the coolant to still circulate, but it gets short circuited in the engine compartment.

I can look for some threads, but don't know this forum as well as Gary.

There should be a blend door behind the heater core, that shunts air around it.

It's actuator is close to the passenger hood hinge.

That vacuum line often gets brittle and snaps, leaving it open.

Quite a few members have retrofitted a vacuum actuated heater core bypass valve from the smaller Ranger trucks.

This allows the coolant to still circulate, but it gets short circuited in the engine compartment.

I can look for some threads, but don't know this forum as well as Gary.

I put a bypass on my Bronco that shuts off flow to the heater core when I go to Max A/C.

But, I found something I don’t like. Driving in the smoke from forest fires, I recirculate to keep out as much smoke as possible. It was warm out, but not enough to need full cold. I tried to control the temperature but couldn’t with no heat in the heater core. I have an electrically controlled vacuum switch I’ll have to install so that I can better control the different situations.

I haven’t decided if I’m putting one on my F250.

I put a bypass on my Bronco that shuts off flow to the heater core when I go to Max A/C.

But, I found something I don’t like. Driving in the smoke from forest fires, I recirculate to keep out as much smoke as possible. It was warm out, but not enough to need full cold. I tried to control the temperature but couldn’t with no heat in the heater core. I have an electrically controlled vacuum switch I’ll have to install so that I can better control the different situations.

I haven’t decided if I’m putting one on my F250.

Freddies HVAC system is working. But it is interesting the way this system regulates the temperature. Or its me, have not thought about it before. But I see it could be possible to regulate the temp. of the heather core with a valve. Its like when you dont have AC.

Freddies HVAC system is working. But it is interesting the way this system regulates the temperature. Or its me, have not thought about it before. But I see it could be possible to regulate the temp. of the heather core with a valve. Its like when you dont have AC.

Opps Eddie, sorry I called you Freddie :nabble_smiley_oh: Here is a picture of a heater core that does NOT fit. UAC, UCHT8247C. The first bend of the pipes start to far out. And you can see the pipes are not placed exactly as the original. So I couldnt get the core completely in its housing. The pipes hit the firewall in front of the first bend.Either the core is not correctly made, or its for another Bronco / car. IMG_20210314_124247_1.thumb.jpg.457f566faceae678ea86c8235477a5cd.jpgIMG_20210314_124321_4.thumb.jpg.214463b88468baaed309161463c956c8.jpg Didnt get a chance to start on the springs , but I got the new bolts for them today. Then there is spring in the air, but in Mars you never know when the snow comes back..

Opps Eddie, sorry I called you Freddie :nabble_smiley_oh: Here is a picture of a heater core that does NOT fit. UAC, UCHT8247C. The first bend of the pipes start to far out. And you can see the pipes are not placed exactly as the original. So I couldnt get the core completely in its housing. The pipes hit the firewall in front of the first bend.Either the core is not correctly made, or its for another Bronco / car. Didnt get a chance to start on the springs , but I got the new bolts for them today. Then there is spring in the air, but in Mars you never know when the snow comes back..

Today I got the bushings out. Its always a puzzle to find the right combo of pipes, sockets and stuff to get it done. But after 2,5 hours it was done. Maybe I will get the new bushings on Friday.IMG_20210324_184400_3.thumb.jpg.277d10a046125bdfa86d978be56eb34e.jpgIMG_20210324_182748_9.jpg.2cc663c592106b5da5a4d631ccaf58e4.jpgIMG_20210324_182820_2.thumb.jpg.235fefe2a7827ce94b7f035b87eddae2.jpgIMG_20210324_201209_0.thumb.jpg.76c1694ea3f80e862c07a9523db3be25.jpg

Today I got the bushings out. Its always a puzzle to find the right combo of pipes, sockets and stuff to get it done. But after 2,5 hours it was done. Maybe I will get the new bushings on Friday.

That's a cool little press you have!

Is it something you made yourself, or part of a kit?

I have never seen something quite like it.

That's a cool little press you have!

Is it something you made yourself, or part of a kit?

I have never seen something quite like it.

Hi. I work in a truck compani. We have mostly Scania trucks. This press is a special tool from Volvo, frame and hydraulic sylinder. The hydraulic pump is operated with air pressure, and is its own brand. IMG_20210325_155003_2.jpg.50df514df22aad910ba7ffc796eb87e7.jpgIMG_20210325_155413_4.jpg.a531e4ce22592a321694a0eb65df5709.jpgIMG_20210325_155123_5.jpg.1a00f78969015d063bba873b461c8a80.jpgIMG_20210325_155147_6.thumb.jpg.1ef24002dbcfd86e78f97e6866474f43.jpgIMG_20210325_155650_1.jpg.55a313d3b612ccad2d65c6ae85e7357e.jpg