Bullnose Forums

Fixing Eddie

firefire

Wow! 5C = 41F. Nice day, especially that far north. It is 63F = 17C here.

The Blue Top looks great. Gotta do that for Big Blue some day. But to remove the Pitman arm did you try banging the side of the arm with the puller on it?

And I agree, the cooler lives in a harsh environment and yours looks like it has seen better days. Replacing it looks like a good plan. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hi.

I banged it and heated it up too. Did not help:nabble_smiley_sad:

I will try again tomorrow with a bigger puller.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had to heat a pitman arm, but I do hit them at the side of the taper as hard as I can with a hammer of about 1.5kg.

Hi. The heating was the last hope🙂. Now it sucks rust remover waiting for the big puller. Lucky those of you with summer temps. Wiew of the fjordsIMG_20220402_113356_5.jpg.69bba748caab987c1a8ce0d87e559130.jpg

Hi. The heating was the last hope🙂. Now it sucks rust remover waiting for the big puller. Lucky those of you with summer temps. Wiew of the fjords

That looks COLD! Outside here the birds are singing and the sun is about to come up on a glorious Spring day. Flowers blooming, trees leafing out, and the grass is saying "mow me!"

That looks COLD! Outside here the birds are singing and the sun is about to come up on a glorious Spring day. Flowers blooming, trees leafing out, and the grass is saying "mow me!"

Hi.

Its not so cold. Slightly over freezing point. Have not done much today. Took apart and cleaned the filter for the steering gear oil.There was some dirt.IMG_20220401_190650_9.jpg.da7400abc5fc9d2a741b6d85ab7a2d1f.jpg Then I went to work and found me a better puller. This one pulled the pitman arm off easily.IMG_20220402_160421_5.thumb.jpg.cb704ca5b38d9de6d9b5f8d74fadcc01.jpg IMG_20220402_160528_6.jpg.0e0794601f79113cd3a6b611a9ea7985.jpg The plan is to get the Blue Top in place tomorrow. The weather is to bad for Eddie so there is no hurry🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. The heating was the last hope🙂. Now it sucks rust remover waiting for the big puller. Lucky those of you with summer temps. Wiew of the fjords

Hi.

The weather has finally shifted to spring ( we hope ). Several things came together this last week. First I got the new steering gear in place. That is pretty straight forward.IMG_20220414_123716_0.thumb.jpg.4e877373b218c7efc9ea4a2291b734a4.jpgWith the help of my wife I flushed some oil through. The most troublesome issue was to fasten the oilcooler to the cross member. There was a little bending before it would clear all obstacles. I had painted it black but it ended scratched up before I got it fastened the way I wanted. Used a washer under the clips to create space between the oilcooler and the cross member. IMG_20220414_123837_5.jpg.25c5daa31f94bee542e610081239a160.jpg

Then I got a new sensor for my AEM AFR gauge. This is sold as an original Bosch.IMG_20220414_144850_6.jpg.022edeaafbb4159f15c1a6ab3cd539bf.jpgIMG_20220414_144106_0.jpg.6ed50150e2d475b9acee54f57a11b308.jpg The plug to the right is Bosch. So I put in the new sensor and started Eddie. And it works :nabble_anim_jump: So I was very excited when I hit the road. Would the steering be better ? Would the AEM work more then 5 minutes ?

The steering. Can only say impressive. 10 out of 10. The Blue Top brought Eddie into year 2000.

And the AEM worked the whole trip. Eddie ran pretty rich. So I put in a step bigger metering rods in my Street Demon. Now the readings were at idle 12,8, cruising at 20mph 12,4, 30mph 12,4, 50mph 12,5.

Still rich ? Picture from the trip. Wife driving.L1009398.jpg.c4d95479735a08cfa22d7d6deb39729a.jpg Now I have to run. A norwegian soccer team ( Bodø Glimt ) is in Rome to play against Roma. Its like David vs Goliat. The problem for Roma is that Bodø Glimt has beaten them twice before and one draw. Greetings Stein

Hi.

The weather has finally shifted to spring ( we hope ). Several things came together this last week. First I got the new steering gear in place. That is pretty straight forward.With the help of my wife I flushed some oil through. The most troublesome issue was to fasten the oilcooler to the cross member. There was a little bending before it would clear all obstacles. I had painted it black but it ended scratched up before I got it fastened the way I wanted. Used a washer under the clips to create space between the oilcooler and the cross member.

Then I got a new sensor for my AEM AFR gauge. This is sold as an original Bosch. The plug to the right is Bosch. So I put in the new sensor and started Eddie. And it works :nabble_anim_jump: So I was very excited when I hit the road. Would the steering be better ? Would the AEM work more then 5 minutes ?

The steering. Can only say impressive. 10 out of 10. The Blue Top brought Eddie into year 2000.

And the AEM worked the whole trip. Eddie ran pretty rich. So I put in a step bigger metering rods in my Street Demon. Now the readings were at idle 12,8, cruising at 20mph 12,4, 30mph 12,4, 50mph 12,5.

Still rich ? Picture from the trip. Wife driving. Now I have to run. A norwegian soccer team ( Bodø Glimt ) is in Rome to play against Roma. Its like David vs Goliat. The problem for Roma is that Bodø Glimt has beaten them twice before and one draw. Greetings Stein

Excellent! Love the report that everything works. :nabble_smiley_good:

Glad to see that the Blue Top is such an improvement. John/Machspeed just put one on his truck and hopes to have it on the road this weekend, and I'll bet we get another good report.

As for the AEM, glad it is working, but you should see 14.4:1 at cruise. So you are still quite rich.

Excellent! Love the report that everything works. :nabble_smiley_good:

Glad to see that the Blue Top is such an improvement. John/Machspeed just put one on his truck and hopes to have it on the road this weekend, and I'll bet we get another good report.

As for the AEM, glad it is working, but you should see 14.4:1 at cruise. So you are still quite rich.

Stoichiometric is still quite rich under cruise.

I wish I had an AFM with the original 4180 on my truck.

Stoichiometric is still quite rich under cruise.

I wish I had an AFM with the original 4180 on my truck.

Hi.

Had to look up stoichiometric :nabble_anim_confused:. Støkiometri in norwegian. Read a norwegian explanation to try to understand what it is. Succeded partly :nabble_anim_crazy:

I agree its to rich. Will try next bigger metering rod tomorrow. Timing is at 12 btdc.

And Bodø Glimt lost 0 -4 to Roma :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Greetings Stein.