Bullnose Forums

Fixing Eddie

firefire

Hi again. Winter is here with freezing temperatures and snow. Since summer I had a dream of buying new rims for Eddie. So I ordered Classic 3 rims from Mickey Thompson. Size 15" x 8". Made in China. They look great but unfortunately they have to little backspace, 3,62". Or ET -22. They are sticking out about an inch more than the original rims. That may give me problems with the police. And I dont like the look. There were very little clearance around the brake calipters so I have doubts about 15 " aluminiums rims with 4 -4,5 " backspace will fit. So to avoid more problems I bought 4 American Racing Baja rims in 16" x 8 " . Made in India. Backspace 4,4". ET 0.:nabble_money-flying-23_orig: They fit perfectely. Since I also have a Suzuki Grand Vitara, 2001, with 16" x 7" rims I thought I might as well try them. Borbet, made in Germany. They fit perfectely. Backspace is 4,3". ET 5. With correct size tires they would be ok.

All backspace is measured by me. May not be absolutely correct. The ET is the number stamped on the rim. MT or AR ? MT looks best ( my opinion ) and surely has the best finish. Hope this was informative for some.

Greetings Stein.

Wow! That first picture looks magical! Beautiful!

Glad you got the rims sorted. Bummer you had to order two sets. And yes, those M/T ones are finished very nicely, but they do stick out quite a bit.

Here we wouldn't get in trouble with the police, but it isn't a good look although people do it all the time. Looks silly to me - like you bought the wrong wheels but don't know it.

Anyway, you got the wheels you wanted, and they'll look good! :nabble_smiley_good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That first picture looks magical! Beautiful!

Glad you got the rims sorted. Bummer you had to order two sets. And yes, those M/T ones are finished very nicely, but they do stick out quite a bit.

Here we wouldn't get in trouble with the police, but it isn't a good look although people do it all the time. Looks silly to me - like you bought the wrong wheels but don't know it.

Anyway, you got the wheels you wanted, and they'll look good! :nabble_smiley_good:

Hi. In Norway its not allowed to have wheels sticking outside the fenders. But you may if you put on fender flares. And the authorities approve it.

Here all the snow from last post melted away a week ago. But yesterday some of it came back. Now its -7'C. Thought I would show you how nice Eddie looks with new tires and rims. His Christmas gifts. IMG_20211224_105315_5.jpg.6f9349c5f356706220282ca93a6740a8.jpg

Merry Christmas to you all 🙂

Hi. In Norway its not allowed to have wheels sticking outside the fenders. But you may if you put on fender flares. And the authorities approve it.

Here all the snow from last post melted away a week ago. But yesterday some of it came back. Now its -7'C. Thought I would show you how nice Eddie looks with new tires and rims. His Christmas gifts.

Eddie looks great! :nabble_anim_claps:

Are those some of Santa's transports? Nice and RED!

Here all the snow from last post melted away a week ago. But yesterday some of it came back. Now its -7'C. Thought I would show you how nice Eddie looks with new tires and rims. His Christmas gifts.

Curious, why did you want to do away with the OEM Ford Wagon Wheels? I'd hold on to them if I were you.

As to wheels sticking out beyond the fenders, I wish our laws were just a little more strict in that. We have some ridiculous things running around here in the states. They throw rocks and trash and sometimes cause damage to other vehicles. I tend to stay away from them.

Beautiful Bronco!

Merry Christmas!!!

Eddie looks great! :nabble_anim_claps:

Are those some of Santa's transports? Nice and RED!

received_237505071699403.thumb.jpeg.b2d8c1ddc87ab410d43da93604735180.jpeg Like this ? Coca-Cola drives around in Norway before Christmas. When they visited our district their Peterbilt broke down. So they hired one of our truks for a few days until the Peterbuildt was back in business.

Nice! Merry Christmas!

Curious, why did you want to do away with the OEM Ford Wagon Wheels? I'd hold on to them if I were you.

As to wheels sticking out beyond the fenders, I wish our laws were just a little more strict in that. We have some ridiculous things running around here in the states. They throw rocks and trash and sometimes cause damage to other vehicles. I tend to stay away from them.

Beautiful Bronco!

Merry Christmas!!!

Hi John. I just like the aluminium rims better. The Baja rims are also connected to the Bronco. But I will keep the original steel rims.Just got home from Christmas party and its being snowing really good a few hours.IMG_20211225_012628_7.jpg.e4ec87881c30868ebe36ca23735dce68.jpg

Hi John. I just like the aluminium rims better. The Baja rims are also connected to the Bronco. But I will keep the original steel rims.Just got home from Christmas party and its being snowing really good a few hours.

That looks great! It is 74 here at 7 pm, so it is going to be tough sledding. :nabble_smiley_cool:

• 1 month later...

That looks great! It is 74 here at 7 pm, so it is going to be tough sledding. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Hi again. Its been a while since last report. The last month we have had bad weather shifting between rain and snow. And a proper storm each weekend. Now it has turned cold enough to fill up with snow again...

Since I believe Eddie may still have the original water pump I have decided to put in a new. Got a ITM 28953 pump made in Malaysia. You may wonder how long that one will last.IMG_20220118_164220_2.thumb.jpg.ea21a3bf21cea969794dc8138c170fcc.jpg Came with a crashed gasket :nabble_smiley_angry: After removing radiator, fan, hoses and brackets I could unfasten the screws holding the pump in place. IMG_20220130_134339_9.jpg.f69fada0e483016cb408e9506884562e.jpg They all came off easily. Maybe they have been out before.IMG_20220130_134324_1.jpg.751f21ddb57395438215890e5d96e4f1.jpg Old and new pump.IMG_20220130_134424_2.thumb.jpg.423ba37c7346cd817927d5fbbaf61b17.jpg Back side. See difference in fan/ impeller.IMG_20220130_135054_5.thumb.jpg.ee73f52ee5297855195379e2a1635975.jpg New temperatur sender. IMG_20220130_144343_0.thumb.jpg.45e8dc1f21c8ef5e06bec70b10e9b3c9.jpg With the old one the reading was just over the C in the gauge. Try to put in the new pump in the next days.