Bullnose Forums

Fixing Eddie

firefire

Looks like you did the job well, and safely. :nabble_anim_claps:

And you were wise to get the engine leveled as that could cause fitment problems with the headers.

Looking forward to the report on the headers and the full exhaust system.

Hi.

Got more parts from Bassani today. Parts # 58150B5.IMG_20210920_172032_5.jpg.5bfc7dd4fdea410b1cdb506cf1abb708.jpg Thought I had a go again on the headers.This time with the alternator and sparkplugs out of the way I got the right side header in. No problem putting in the sparkplugs afterwards either.IMG_20210920_200714_8.thumb.jpg.97960835d6fa19a09491a0f7d1422e3c.jpg At the left side I had to bend the tube for the dipstick backwards and out under the header. Must make some sort of bracket to hold the tube at the top.IMG_20210920_195912_0.thumb.jpg.160db5361e23b093c86cd31126c908e0.jpg It is obvious that Bassani has made a guality product. The headers fitted perfectly in their little space. The holes for the mounting bolts were 100% correct. The tolerances are very small. Its at some places no more or less then 1/2" clearance.The carton under the header was for checking clarence. Some places will need some protection

against the heat. Then we know the headers fit 👍.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Got more parts from Bassani today. Parts # 58150B5. Thought I had a go again on the headers.This time with the alternator and sparkplugs out of the way I got the right side header in. No problem putting in the sparkplugs afterwards either. At the left side I had to bend the tube for the dipstick backwards and out under the header. Must make some sort of bracket to hold the tube at the top. It is obvious that Bassani has made a guality product. The headers fitted perfectly in their little space. The holes for the mounting bolts were 100% correct. The tolerances are very small. Its at some places no more or less then 1/2" clearance.The carton under the header was for checking clarence. Some places will need some protection

against the heat. Then we know the headers fit 👍.

Pretty! Bassani makes good stuff, so I'm not surprised they fit so well.

But the exhaust tone is distinctive, so I'm anxious to hear a recording of it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Pretty! Bassani makes good stuff, so I'm not surprised they fit so well.

But the exhaust tone is distinctive, so I'm anxious to hear a recording of it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hi. Got the Y pipe yesterday.IMG_20210922_182523_4.thumb.jpg.925b1f9b2d745fe30dfa2ae5a152c1b2.jpg A 3" system is quite big.

Cat IMG_20210922_182215_0.jpg.0f0946f67d44c5a9eb80e368b17f070e.jpg The Y-pipe fit perfectly.IMG_20210922_184801_9.jpg.c29b3915229fa31533244c226f279adc.jpgIMG_20210922_184317_0.thumb.jpg.1ab1c5c5a4016dbbda315a94ac732e09.jpg Before mounting it I have ro get a plug for the O2 sensor hole, and the egr pipe on the header. Is it a big AN coupling ? Weld shut the little tube for the 1986 model smog pump. Greetings Stein

Hi. Got the Y pipe yesterday. A 3" system is quite big.

Cat The Y-pipe fit perfectly. Before mounting it I have ro get a plug for the O2 sensor hole, and the egr pipe on the header. Is it a big AN coupling ? Weld shut the little tube for the 1986 model smog pump. Greetings Stein

Man, that is a BIG pipe! But it has a catalytic converter in it? Or, what is in it?

As for the O2 sensor hole, it should be 18 x 15mm from what I've read. And one guy said that he found a Toyota truck oil pan drain plug that fit at the parts store.

Don't know about the smog pump hole. Do you have the old fitting? Can you cut the tube, bend it over tightly, and install it to close the hole? I did that on one truck and it ran for years with no leaks.

Man, that is a BIG pipe! But it has a catalytic converter in it? Or, what is in it?

As for the O2 sensor hole, it should be 18 x 15mm from what I've read. And one guy said that he found a Toyota truck oil pan drain plug that fit at the parts store.

Don't know about the smog pump hole. Do you have the old fitting? Can you cut the tube, bend it over tightly, and install it to close the hole? I did that on one truck and it ran for years with no leaks.

Hi.

I bought the version with catalytic converter. Today I got the plug for the O2 sensor. I welded in a bolt in the opening of the little pipe in front of the cat. So then I have the pipe pointing forward on the right side header. Outside diam is 26,7 mm, 1,05". There is 12 threads pr. inch. Does someone know wich type of connection this is ? This pipe is for 1988 and newer models.I need to blind it.

Greetings Stein

Hi.

I bought the version with catalytic converter. Today I got the plug for the O2 sensor. I welded in a bolt in the opening of the little pipe in front of the cat. So then I have the pipe pointing forward on the right side header. Outside diam is 26,7 mm, 1,05". There is 12 threads pr. inch. Does someone know wich type of connection this is ? This pipe is for 1988 and newer models.I need to blind it.

Greetings Stein

From what I'm reading a 1 - 12 bolt would have essentially a 1.000" major diameter, and you are probably reading the major diameter, as shown below. Perhaps you can use a 1" fine thread bolt in it with some Loctite?

image-asset.png.fbb57b3004dcd64a6be1bb3a863b8374.png

From what I'm reading a 1 - 12 bolt would have essentially a 1.000" major diameter, and you are probably reading the major diameter, as shown below. Perhaps you can use a 1" fine thread bolt in it with some Loctite?

Hi.

The threads are outside on the pipe. So I need a threaded cap. I suspect it is a AN 12 connection.

Stein.

Hi.

Look at this Cant find a picture of this on Norwegian web sites. But AN fittings are quite common. Fuel, oil, air..

Stein

This dialog was had on the Corvette Forum:

• Can somebody tell me how to measure AN fitting sizes? I have a friend with an AN fitting at home, but he doesn't know what size it is. He needs an AN to 1/8" pipe adapter for his WWII jeep. So if I tell him to "grab a ruler and do this....." what would the "do this..." part be. :)

• scorp,

"16ths" so a -10 would be 10/16 or 5/8 and a -6 is 6/16 or 3/8 generally - numbers are even (4/6/8/10/12/16/20) BUT I have a -3 brakelines on my racer. Your best bet would be an Aeroquip catalog or a dealer because there is also the angle of the flare to think about. Perfomance AN fittings are 37degree who knows what they used in "the BIG one" WWll.

So if I understand that correctly, to get a 1" female fitting it would have to be "-16", or 16/16ths. But that doesn't say what the thread pitch is.