Bullnose Forums

Fixing Eddie

firefire

Hell? That's an interesting name for a town, but Wikipedia explains it pretty well. So the cruise to Hell is a cool name.

Trondheim - Wasn't that a huge submarine base for the Germans in WWII?

Those are great pics! Love them! But my favorite is this one as the car in the forefront is a 1958 Chevy Impala. I had one of those in my college years, and with the 348 V8 that thing would roll. It easily cruised at 100 MPH

Hi.

The submarine base was called Dora. Today its privately owned.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

We are back from Hell. The ride to Hell is 150 miles north of us. We crossed a floating bridge. Trondheim And Hell Railway Station In the town Stjørdal the local Amcar club " Hell Cruisers " ( You may find them on facebook )had their yearly Night Cruise to Hell. There was maybe 100 american cars and others. It was fun. Mercedes :nabble_smiley_happy: ChevroletHomemade Lamborghini Aventador. Steinar Thyholdt spent 7 years to build it.The engine is a v12 from BMW. And the rest is parts from many different car brands. And of course self made body parts. It is registered and he drives it on the roads.From Sunndalen on our way home Now its time to wash Eddie. Greetings Stein PS I will keep the pump for now.

Very nice! Thanks for the pictures!

Looks clean in all the photos.

Hi.

We are back from Hell. The ride to Hell is 150 miles north of us. We crossed a floating bridge. Trondheim And Hell Railway Station In the town Stjørdal the local Amcar club " Hell Cruisers " ( You may find them on facebook )had their yearly Night Cruise to Hell. There was maybe 100 american cars and others. It was fun. Mercedes :nabble_smiley_happy: ChevroletHomemade Lamborghini Aventador. Steinar Thyholdt spent 7 years to build it.The engine is a v12 from BMW. And the rest is parts from many different car brands. And of course self made body parts. It is registered and he drives it on the roads.From Sunndalen on our way home Now its time to wash Eddie. Greetings Stein PS I will keep the pump for now.

Stein - Maybe you can answer the absolutely useless neither trivial question I posted on this thread:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/European-Licence-Plates-tp123885.html

I see that Eddie has an "American-more-square-style" licence plate (front and rear, for what I can see).

Is this a "special" licence dimensions that are allowed for American made cars, in order to fit-in-the-hole?

Just for fun...

😉

Stein - Maybe you can answer the absolutely useless neither trivial question I posted on this thread:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/European-Licence-Plates-tp123885.html

I see that Eddie has an "American-more-square-style" licence plate (front and rear, for what I can see).

Is this a "special" licence dimensions that are allowed for American made cars, in order to fit-in-the-hole?

Just for fun...

😉

Hi.

Eddie is surprisingly clean after the long ride. There were even some wet parts on the road too. But he is well polished

and gets washed frequently 🙂. The dirt doesnt stick to him. Number plates. The long number plates are the regular ones. Some years ago they opened for US size plates for US cars. They almost got them right. But the letters are to close to the edges for a us plate holder not to interfere with the letters. Theres also pressed a bulge around the edges of the number plate that makes it hard to close the frame properly. I bought that number plate frame from Lithuania. Couldnt find any in Norway offering them for sale. Then you can also use old style numberplates on old cars more than 30 years old. Read this. https://www.vegvesen.no/en/vehicles/own-and-maintain/number-plates/

Greetings Stein

Click on ordering number plates.

Hi.

Eddie is surprisingly clean after the long ride. There were even some wet parts on the road too. But he is well polished

and gets washed frequently 🙂. The dirt doesnt stick to him. Number plates. The long number plates are the regular ones. Some years ago they opened for US size plates for US cars. They almost got them right. But the letters are to close to the edges for a us plate holder not to interfere with the letters. Theres also pressed a bulge around the edges of the number plate that makes it hard to close the frame properly. I bought that number plate frame from Lithuania. Couldnt find any in Norway offering them for sale. Then you can also use old style numberplates on old cars more than 30 years old. Read this. https://www.vegvesen.no/en/vehicles/own-and-maintain/number-plates/

Greetings Stein

Eddie is clean and looks good, but I was referring to the towns and areas you were at. It all looked good!

Hi.

Greetings Stein

Thanks Stein!

I suspected something like that, but I was really skeptical.

Here in Quebec, there is only one available size (I suspect the same for other Canadian provinces and territories).

In the best case scenario, it's possible to order a personalized license plate with some specific character combinations.

Nice to see that it's more flexible for our friends on the other side of the big pond!

:nabble_anim_claps:

2D955FEE-53A9-42C2-AEE4-1E8A7BF5C03A.jpeg.827f083c2fdc45d8cda626ab715040c1.jpeg

Thanks Stein!

I suspected something like that, but I was really skeptical.

Here in Quebec, there is only one available size (I suspect the same for other Canadian provinces and territories).

In the best case scenario, it's possible to order a personalized license plate with some specific character combinations.

Nice to see that it's more flexible for our friends on the other side of the big pond!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Hi again.

Eddie behaves well so I have only been cruising around home. We are in the second week with sunny warm days. The nights are cool though. Grumpin , I think most people keep it tidy around them selves. There is generally no litter to see along the roads either. Here is a picture taken from a hunting shed at 21.30. It is still usable light. IMG_20220902_213001_6.jpg.a82b0c2ce7fe2ea06749a3611a94071a.jpgÅlesund is one of Norways most popular cruise destinations.IMG_20220904_173021_5.jpg.aee1f44e77edcd3d1629b65993da9256.jpgThe building in the back ( grey roof ) is hiding some big trafos to supply the ships with electrical power when moored. It is not working yet. But there is also very few cruise ships that can use it. And at last Eddie and the northern light.L1009535.jpg.5d2ce351c30c78c7d7ac8a01f942dca8.jpg

Greetings Stein.

Hi again.

Eddie behaves well so I have only been cruising around home. We are in the second week with sunny warm days. The nights are cool though. Grumpin , I think most people keep it tidy around them selves. There is generally no litter to see along the roads either. Here is a picture taken from a hunting shed at 21.30. It is still usable light. Ålesund is one of Norways most popular cruise destinations.The building in the back ( grey roof ) is hiding some big trafos to supply the ships with electrical power when moored. It is not working yet. But there is also very few cruise ships that can use it. And at last Eddie and the northern light.

Greetings Stein.

Neat pics! Haven't been to Ålesund, but have certainly considered going there. Maybe one day.

But that picture of the northern lights and Eddie is wonderful! :nabble_anim_claps:

Hi again.

Eddie behaves well so I have only been cruising around home. We are in the second week with sunny warm days. The nights are cool though. Grumpin , I think most people keep it tidy around them selves. There is generally no litter to see along the roads either. Here is a picture taken from a hunting shed at 21.30. It is still usable light. Ålesund is one of Norways most popular cruise destinations.The building in the back ( grey roof ) is hiding some big trafos to supply the ships with electrical power when moored. It is not working yet. But there is also very few cruise ships that can use it. And at last Eddie and the northern light.

Greetings Stein.

Very nice!