Bullnose Forums

Fixing Eddie

firefire

Hi.

Think Grumpin is correct about 13.08 mpg :nabble_anim_claps: Thought I could spend some time in the nice weather this weekend to change the pins in the drivers side door hinges. Of course I ended up using much more time then I thought it would take. Maybe it is possible to change the pins after removing only the door but I ended up taking the hinges off . A good advice is to mark as good as you can the hinges position before taking them off. After drilling the crimp off, knock the old pin and bushings out. you can fix up some rust on hinges and door beam. The new bushings and pins were easy to get in. The upper hinge needed a washer inside and under the clip to make it snug. I think I put the door on and off 10 - 15 times before I got the hinges right. The bolt for the door lock also had to be moved. But finally it ended up better than before 10 hours work ??:nabble_smiley_oh: After a week of rain the sun shines again. But its getting colder, 11 - 18`C. Monday I may get the gaskets for the intake. Greetings Stein.

Good job!

When I did the drivers side hinges on my truck I decided that next time I will look into getting the hinge as a whole and not just replace the pins.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job!

When I did the drivers side hinges on my truck I decided that next time I will look into getting the hinge as a whole and not just replace the pins.

Hi. Dane. One will save some time buying new hinges instead of pins and bushings. For me the fitting of the door was the most time comsuming part of the job.

Yesterday I got the Mahle gaskets for the intake. They were the same as the old ones. I put the gaskets on as instructed. A little sealant around the coolant ports. And sealant on the flats at the ends under the intake. Cut the heads off 4 old bolts and used them as guide pins when lowering the intake on. Worked nice. After I had tightened the bolts to 20 ft/lbs I saw I had forgotten to tighten the 4 bolts in the midle :nabble_smiley_oh: So I loosened them again and started counting to 12.... Hope it went well:nabble_smiley_what: Today I started putting on all the small parts. New coolant intake, termostat, temp.sensor, vacuum connections. The old vacuum trees needs cleaningIMG_20210824_184818_7.thumb.jpg.6b9b4e871b3cb9c10e3984757620bbeb.jpg The distributor fell right back in place when I put it back. The rotor turned left when I pulled the distributor out and turned back right when I put the distributor back in with the help of alignment marks on engine and distributor. The new intake has one less vacuum connection then the original. I put on one extra at the back of the

carburetor. Left to right, brake booster, evap,

pcv.IMG_20210824_204236_4.jpg.3f39e38e6cabd3f6496383664901cbb1.jpg Mounted a liitle longer bolts for the carburetor in case there will be mounted some extras on them. Here is overwievIMG_20210824_204255_1.thumb.jpg.6c0ef4c23bcb3ea3644463f70d6c30ed.jpg Now its windy and raining again. Greetings Stein

Hi. Dane. One will save some time buying new hinges instead of pins and bushings. For me the fitting of the door was the most time comsuming part of the job.

Yesterday I got the Mahle gaskets for the intake. They were the same as the old ones. I put the gaskets on as instructed. A little sealant around the coolant ports. And sealant on the flats at the ends under the intake. Cut the heads off 4 old bolts and used them as guide pins when lowering the intake on. Worked nice. After I had tightened the bolts to 20 ft/lbs I saw I had forgotten to tighten the 4 bolts in the midle :nabble_smiley_oh: So I loosened them again and started counting to 12.... Hope it went well:nabble_smiley_what: Today I started putting on all the small parts. New coolant intake, termostat, temp.sensor, vacuum connections. The old vacuum trees needs cleaning The distributor fell right back in place when I put it back. The rotor turned left when I pulled the distributor out and turned back right when I put the distributor back in with the help of alignment marks on engine and distributor. The new intake has one less vacuum connection then the original. I put on one extra at the back of the

carburetor. Left to right, brake booster, evap,

pcv. Mounted a liitle longer bolts for the carburetor in case there will be mounted some extras on them. Here is overwiev Now its windy and raining again. Greetings Stein

Looks great, Stein! You are going to love it!

I use the same approach for installing intakes. Usually does a good job of getting them down evenly w/o sliding them around. I'll bet you got it on nicely.

Looks great, Stein! You are going to love it!

I use the same approach for installing intakes. Usually does a good job of getting them down evenly w/o sliding them around. I'll bet you got it on nicely.

Hi.

This evening I put the final parts on. IMG_20210825_205254_2.jpg.81e4136e69b47cd7627e27a30a55f975.jpg Cranked the engine and Eddie started up immediately. He ran like nothing had happened :nabble_smiley_happy: Only leak was from my connection between the new and old gas line. Tightened it a bit more, leak stopped. After 10 minutes I stopped the engine. No leaks to be seen. Engine oil was good. Tomorrow I will check timing, vacuum and go for a test ride. Think I will take a Bear Beer now :nabble_smiley_good: Greetings Stein

Hi.

This evening I put the final parts on. Cranked the engine and Eddie started up immediately. He ran like nothing had happened :nabble_smiley_happy: Only leak was from my connection between the new and old gas line. Tightened it a bit more, leak stopped. After 10 minutes I stopped the engine. No leaks to be seen. Engine oil was good. Tomorrow I will check timing, vacuum and go for a test ride. Think I will take a Bear Beer now :nabble_smiley_good: Greetings Stein

Congrat's! So, how did it run?

Congrat's! So, how did it run?

Hi. Took Eddie out yesterday and he ran nice. But he did not impress me. Found out today that he only got maybe 70 % of full throttle. I had previously made a stop for full throttle at the gas pedal. But now the carburetor is closer to the gas wire fixture on the new intake manifold. So I have removed the stop . The time is 2030 , and the sun is shining 😁. Will go for a test drive. Pedal to the metal (carpet) 😎.

Hi. Took Eddie out yesterday and he ran nice. But he did not impress me. Found out today that he only got maybe 70 % of full throttle. I had previously made a stop for full throttle at the gas pedal. But now the carburetor is closer to the gas wire fixture on the new intake manifold. So I have removed the stop . The time is 2030 , and the sun is shining 😁. Will go for a test drive. Pedal to the metal (carpet) 😎.

Hi πŸ™‚. Now Eddie runsπŸ˜†. With full throttle he jumps off. And that sound from the carburetor......Should have a better exhaust πŸ€”... Heres outside Γ…lesund IMG_20210827_212107_3.jpg.7488eb7804667bea11224924038f203b.jpg And Eddie enjoying the wievIMG_20210827_213912_8.jpg.4e11632ef3434ca329e959d185c01674.jpg Greetings Stein

Hi πŸ™‚. Now Eddie runsπŸ˜†. With full throttle he jumps off. And that sound from the carburetor......Should have a better exhaust πŸ€”... Heres outside Γ…lesund And Eddie enjoying the wiev Greetings Stein

That's awesome. Love the pics too!

Hi πŸ™‚. Now Eddie runsπŸ˜†. With full throttle he jumps off. And that sound from the carburetor......Should have a better exhaust πŸ€”... Heres outside Γ…lesund And Eddie enjoying the wiev Greetings Stein

Great pics, thanks for sharing