Bullnose Forums

GOOD GUY'S GARAGE

Ray Cecil

Cutting the pieces to match sounds like a lot of work, but then welding up a tubing hand rail would be as well. Let us know what you decide, but I'll bet it will work well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well, another small step forward. Got the stair stringer measured up, calculated and cut.

20180419_192639.jpg.48457fe0d539d357d2f55979585cf7b5.jpg

20180419_212004.jpg.544a18533b1c88ef63358aeba5b345d2.jpg

20180419_202544.jpg.8786348a58e5ce52d8fe01a972f4bc36.jpg

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, another small step forward. Got the stair stringer measured up, calculated and cut.

I remember watching that be done for my shop. Lots of meticulous work. Well done!

How high is your loft? My 2nd floor is 12' up, and the stairs are loooong - especially when carrying things up. What support will there be in the center?

I remember watching that be done for my shop. Lots of meticulous work. Well done!

How high is your loft? My 2nd floor is 12' up, and the stairs are loooong - especially when carrying things up. What support will there be in the center?

Meticulous? Naw, that ain't nothing. You should see what I do for a living!!!

From the finished floor to the top of the loft subfloor is about 8'4". I decided to sacrifice a little head room underneath, so I could fit those nice big shelves up top. I plan to keep the garage floor as neat and simple as possible. I've got 7' 6-1/2" from finished floor to bottom of floor joist. That is plenty of room. A little shorter than average 8'. That gave me about the same head room up above at 7'-8" from subfloor to bottom of trusses.

As far as support for the top of the stinggers, I will put in a 2x4 or 2x6 header and notch the stringer. Then screws from the backside to pull everything tight.

Rise is 8.21" and run is 9"

Meticulous? Naw, that ain't nothing. You should see what I do for a living!!!

From the finished floor to the top of the loft subfloor is about 8'4". I decided to sacrifice a little head room underneath, so I could fit those nice big shelves up top. I plan to keep the garage floor as neat and simple as possible. I've got 7' 6-1/2" from finished floor to bottom of floor joist. That is plenty of room. A little shorter than average 8'. That gave me about the same head room up above at 7'-8" from subfloor to bottom of trusses.

As far as support for the top of the stinggers, I will put in a 2x4 or 2x6 header and notch the stringer. Then screws from the backside to pull everything tight.

Rise is 8.21" and run is 9"

How much of this has been drawn up in CAD?

How much of this has been drawn up in CAD?

0%. I know I know....I draw everything in CAD.

I've been putting 60 hours a week into a UPS job in CAD for awhile now. I hate CAD right now. Below is a picture of just PART of a 1.5 million square foot UPS package sorting facility I am designing.....its kickin my butt.

4-20-2018_9-14-05_AM.jpg.445e3cfbbc49f8fc53984d16f96a5fc4.jpg

0%. I know I know....I draw everything in CAD.

I've been putting 60 hours a week into a UPS job in CAD for awhile now. I hate CAD right now. Below is a picture of just PART of a 1.5 million square foot UPS package sorting facility I am designing.....its kickin my butt.

Well, when you get to liking CAD again maybe you are the guy to help create some 3D drawings? Bill sent me 3 plastic windshield clips from a Chizzler and I drew one of them up so he could 3D print it. But there are two to go and it took soooo long to do the one..... Perhaps you could do it in your sleep? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well, when you get to liking CAD again maybe you are the guy to help create some 3D drawings? Bill sent me 3 plastic windshield clips from a Chizzler and I drew one of them up so he could 3D print it. But there are two to go and it took soooo long to do the one..... Perhaps you could do it in your sleep? :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anything for you Gary.

Send me what you got. I'll make it purty...real purty.

ehhhh....what is a Chizzler???

chizzle.jpg.66c060e370744f17a04d536a19e4bbdd.jpg

I got some stairs put in.

Stairs look great! Well done. :nabble_anim_claps:

Chizler (also Chizzler) 1. n. "Any Chrysler Corporation-produced engine, but most often referring to the EARLY HEMI motors manufactured for the 1951 through 1958 model years." But in the 60's where I grew up it was just slang for a Chrysler.

As for Bill's parts, I hope to get them sent to you on Monday. THANKS!

Stairs look great! Well done. :nabble_anim_claps:

Chizler (also Chizzler) 1. n. "Any Chrysler Corporation-produced engine, but most often referring to the EARLY HEMI motors manufactured for the 1951 through 1958 model years." But in the 60's where I grew up it was just slang for a Chrysler.

As for Bill's parts, I hope to get them sent to you on Monday. THANKS!

I've been very busy with work and everything else...but I have managed to make a little progress in the shop. Just a little cleaning up, and moving some things around.

Holly and the boys like the new office location.

20180422_1109471.jpg.946e443534287d09b8f84000f5577cd1.jpg