GOOD GUY'S GARAGE

Ray Cecil

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's going to be a really nice shop!

Thank you.

Here is last nights work. Just got a couple pieces of subfloor down. I have to start doing 60 hours at work for the next couple weeks...so progress will be slow.

I like the detail shot, Ray. Good planning. And well constructed. :nabble_smiley_good:

Excellent! :nabble_anim_claps:

So, what's the next step in the project?

Stairs and handrail. Then I have to go get all my stuff out of my mother's garage. I've got shelves and tools and a car lift over there. I will do concrete, but I am paying cash for all this as I go, so I need to let the old wallet refill before doing that.

May 8th we are having my grandmother's 80th birthday party at my place, and she wanted a barn party. Granny is still going strong at 80, still driving and living like she always has.

Excellent! :nabble_anim_claps:

So, what's the next step in the project?

Stairs and handrail. Then I have to go get all my stuff out of my mother's garage. I've got shelves and tools and a car lift over there. I will do concrete, but I am paying cash for all this as I go, so I need to let the old wallet refill before doing that.

May 8th we are having my grandmother's 80th birthday party at my place, and she wanted a barn party. Granny is still going strong at 80, still driving and living like she always has.

Glad to see that there's still life at 80 - that's only 9 years away. :nabble_smiley_what:

Be careful how much you move in before having the floor poured. It is a pain getting everything out to do the floor, and you may not want to do that. But rolling the lift, or even a car, is going to be difficult.

But the stairs and hand rail are a good addition as you can then carry things up safely.

Glad to see that there's still life at 80 - that's only 9 years away. :nabble_smiley_what:

Be careful how much you move in before having the floor poured. It is a pain getting everything out to do the floor, and you may not want to do that. But rolling the lift, or even a car, is going to be difficult.

But the stairs and hand rail are a good addition as you can then carry things up safely.

Yeah I know, but I have no choice. Mom is selling her house. I have to get everything out ASAP. I'll split the pour into two pours. Move everything to the loft and one side on the bottom floor. Then frame up my forms for the concrete and have someone pour and float it. That side will cure, then I can move everything to the new floor and get going on the other side. I have 3040 square feet in this man cave. I should be able to move things around HAHAHA!!!

Yeah I know, but I have no choice. Mom is selling her house. I have to get everything out ASAP. I'll split the pour into two pours. Move everything to the loft and one side on the bottom floor. Then frame up my forms for the concrete and have someone pour and float it. That side will cure, then I can move everything to the new floor and get going on the other side. I have 3040 square feet in this man cave. I should be able to move things around HAHAHA!!!

That should work - as long as you do the pours soon. In 10 years you won't believe how much "stuff" you've acquired. (Don't ask!)