Bullnose Forums

GOOD GUY'S GARAGE

Ray Cecil

Well, I am slowly making progress on the garage. Got another section of wall insulated and drywalled yesterday.

I havent been able to check my bank account for stimulus check yet, but I am thinking I might finish the ceiling and attic insulation with it.

Looks good, Ray. :nabble_anim_claps:

Are you still working? Having to travel or from home?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, Ray. :nabble_anim_claps:

Are you still working? Having to travel or from home?

Yup, working from home. Albeit, very little. I do sometimes go into the office, but no one is there and I am the only one allowed in during this virus.

So, I am hopeful I will get the walls complete, and the concrete poured by the end of May if I can schedule a concrete delivery with virus going on. Most of my help who will be floating it out will be 50-60 year old guys. So, hopefully social distancing wont delay that...Id hate to pour in the heat of july or august.

Yup, working from home. Albeit, very little. I do sometimes go into the office, but no one is there and I am the only one allowed in during this virus.

So, I am hopeful I will get the walls complete, and the concrete poured by the end of May if I can schedule a concrete delivery with virus going on. Most of my help who will be floating it out will be 50-60 year old guys. So, hopefully social distancing wont delay that...Id hate to pour in the heat of july or august.

Don't pour in July or August! Been there, done that, and it didn't turn out well.

So hope you can get it done in May.

Garage is looking good.

Cement around here is still flowing along with building.

Back a few weeks ago I took 3 loads, 25 to 26 tons each, to a roofer building a school.

My cement is the powdered like the bags you get at Home Depot just a lot of it. LOL

I blow it into a pig, holding trailer, they then mix chemicals & water to make a slurry and pump it up to the roof of the building.

I know other drivers are taking loads to plants where they add stone, sand & water into the trucks everyone sees.

This morning, 12am, on my way to work I seen they were pouring cement on the high way project here also. So I guess it depends how much they lock you down where you are at.

I have been on LP for weeks now, gas is cheap so they are stocking up.

Dave ----

Garage is looking good.

Cement around here is still flowing along with building.

Back a few weeks ago I took 3 loads, 25 to 26 tons each, to a roofer building a school.

My cement is the powdered like the bags you get at Home Depot just a lot of it. LOL

I blow it into a pig, holding trailer, they then mix chemicals & water to make a slurry and pump it up to the roof of the building.

I know other drivers are taking loads to plants where they add stone, sand & water into the trucks everyone sees.

This morning, 12am, on my way to work I seen they were pouring cement on the high way project here also. So I guess it depends how much they lock you down where you are at.

I have been on LP for weeks now, gas is cheap so they are stocking up.

Dave ----

Thanks all. Yeah, its really been a fun garage project.

I'll be adding another project to the list tomorrow. Picking up an 89 Crown Vic for $500. Pretty nice shape. Has a 5.0.

Im thinking of pulling drivetrain for an eventual kit car build. I want to do a 65 Daytona Coupe from Factory Five.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all. Yeah, its really been a fun garage project.

I'll be adding another project to the list tomorrow. Picking up an 89 Crown Vic for $500. Pretty nice shape. Has a 5.0.

Im thinking of pulling drivetrain for an eventual kit car build. I want to do a 65 Daytona Coupe from Factory Five.

Thought I might show yall what progress ive made on garage.

Still insulating and drywall. Its amazing how much cooler it is inside the barn just from having half the walls done. The radiant heat from the sun baking the steel panels doesnt come in. Cant wait to get a ceiling in and insulated.

Im going to relocate the stairs. Going to be going through the loft floor, so I can make 100% use of the floor in the big open area.

20200507_102854.jpg.fafffe751def948ea1f47e4e255f513a.jpg

20200507_102845.jpg.ea87e965d12a9018ec379f765b185417.jpg

20200507_102915.jpg.e3bb10030f383f21eda6c0f4080f60a6.jpg

Still insulating and drywall. Its amazing how much cooler it is inside the barn just from having half the walls done. The radiant heat from the sun baking the steel panels doesnt come in. Cant wait to get a ceiling in and insulated.

Im going to relocate the stairs. Going to be going through the loft floor, so I can make 100% use of the floor in the big open area.

Looking good!

Looking good!

It is looking good.

I hear you on the sun & heat!

My garage (wood stick built) is not insulated in the bay area, work room has a ceiling that is insulated you enter the garage thru, and when you step into the bays you can feel the heat coming down from the roof. Makes you just want to turn around, close up and not do any work.

To insulate I would need to put them Styrofoam vent bays between the rafters before the glass insulation goes in. Working between the support rafters to fit the bays & glass is a lot more work than I want to do at this point in my life so I deal with it when I have to.

Dave ----

It is looking good.

I hear you on the sun & heat!

My garage (wood stick built) is not insulated in the bay area, work room has a ceiling that is insulated you enter the garage thru, and when you step into the bays you can feel the heat coming down from the roof. Makes you just want to turn around, close up and not do any work.

To insulate I would need to put them Styrofoam vent bays between the rafters before the glass insulation goes in. Working between the support rafters to fit the bays & glass is a lot more work than I want to do at this point in my life so I deal with it when I have to.

Dave ----

Thanks Dane and Dave. Yeah I will get those eave vent styrofoam things put it. Right now I am focusing on getting the drwall done, so I can get all my stuff and materials out of the way for concrete.

I made a little video walkthrough for yall. Ill upload it to my youtube account and put it in here later.

Looking great, Ray! :nabble_anim_claps:

Yes, insulation can make a huge difference. HUGE! You'll be so happy when you get it done.