Bullnose Forums

GOOD GUY'S GARAGE

Ray Cecil

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! You are really going to like the new floor. 👍

Also, I know a guy in construction business. He is writting off 100 sheets of 4'x12' durock. Giving me as much as I want!!! So, I will be trying to find some insulation after the concrete and finish the walls out as soon as I can.

Also, I know a guy in construction business. He is writting off 100 sheets of 4'x12' durock. Giving me as much as I want!!! So, I will be trying to find some insulation after the concrete and finish the walls out as soon as I can.

The insulation will make a huge difference. I had fiberglass blown in, which stops infiltration much better than batts. But foam is even better.

Yes, foam is more. But closed-cell foam has 3x the insulation value of fiberglass and no infiltration.

Ok, figured I would update the garage thread. So, the free durock turned out to be fiberock....I misspoke earlier.

12' sheets of 5/8" fiberock. I got 24 sheets on the trailer and it was screaming at me. Going back to get more tomorrow. Getting a total of 96 sheets!!!

Also, scratch the foam board. Same guy is giving me 6" thick insulation. I think its called woolrock or something like that.

So this friend of my father, his company is a supplier of drywall and insulation. He had customers who over ordered stuff and never collected it. Thats why he is giving it away. I think there are about several guys getting enough of this stuff to finish their man caves!!

Anyway, I might call my uncle who is an electrician and see if he can help me wire up this pole barn before I get busy insulating and finishing.

Ok, figured I would update the garage thread. So, the free durock turned out to be fiberock....I misspoke earlier.

12' sheets of 5/8" fiberock. I got 24 sheets on the trailer and it was screaming at me. Going back to get more tomorrow. Getting a total of 96 sheets!!!

Also, scratch the foam board. Same guy is giving me 6" thick insulation. I think its called woolrock or something like that.

So this friend of my father, his company is a supplier of drywall and insulation. He had customers who over ordered stuff and never collected it. Thats why he is giving it away. I think there are about several guys getting enough of this stuff to finish their man caves!!

Anyway, I might call my uncle who is an electrician and see if he can help me wire up this pole barn before I get busy insulating and finishing.

Merry Christmas me....

20191223_203039.jpg.bea9afbf058678576c7445922bc73266.jpg