Bullnose Forums

GOOD GUY'S GARAGE

Ray Cecil

Nope, wasn't me. I live south of Louisville about 30 minutes. I'm rarely ever up near Lexington. I spent the whole Christmas break at home, building a big ole chicken coop....Not done yet. I've got the frame up, and roughed in. Next step will be framing up the run. Once the run and coop frame are complete, I will put a roof on it, siding, trim etc.

I thought you liked red, mobile chicken coops. :nabble_anim_blbl:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

My uncle has the red mobile chicken coop now! Last I checked anyway....

I'm itchin to get me a truck.....

Well I thought I would update this thread. Its been too long. Big things will be happening soon.

I will be in Oklahoma to fix up my rental house the end of this month. I am planning to eat a dinner with Gary while I am in town.

Chicken coop is nearing completion. Chicks are coming this month. Ordered them online.

The sawmill biz is rolling slowly. I have had some paying customers, but still a long way to go.

Concrete in the barn will happen in the next couple months.

I still havent made handrail in the loft....

Some pine logs I brought home last night to make handrail and other things.

20190404_193221.jpg.7cb88daa6a182363805d4b1a7e8ad44e.jpg

Nice Cypress post to customer. 13" x 13"

20190402_185954.jpg.5bfdd082f2c3c5b4d600e4741b8e1638.jpg

ChickenMahal....almost done. Needs soffit, more siding. Gates. Ive been reclaiming materials for it. 80% of it is wood off the mill or stuff people were throwing away. Ive got $200 in it so far. Found that door ion the side of the road.

20190324_123738.jpg.253e2471789a22c4039060f544ae9fba.jpg

Well I thought I would update this thread. Its been too long. Big things will be happening soon.

I will be in Oklahoma to fix up my rental house the end of this month. I am planning to eat a dinner with Gary while I am in town.

Chicken coop is nearing completion. Chicks are coming this month. Ordered them online.

The sawmill biz is rolling slowly. I have had some paying customers, but still a long way to go.

Concrete in the barn will happen in the next couple months.

I still havent made handrail in the loft....

Some pine logs I brought home last night to make handrail and other things.

Nice Cypress post to customer. 13" x 13"

ChickenMahal....almost done. Needs soffit, more siding. Gates. Ive been reclaiming materials for it. 80% of it is wood off the mill or stuff people were throwing away. Ive got $200 in it so far. Found that door ion the side of the road.

20190321_192842.jpg.2ede38c44fe5e1a5f4cf103e9bd2e0c4.jpg

This started as a 30" diameter cypress log. 1600lbs....

Ray - Looking forward to seeing you. We'll have some Mac's BBQ.

Chickenmahal - I like it!

But, how do you move all the weight of those logs? How do you get them onto/into the mill?

How do I move em? They roll. I used levers and log hooks, ramps and chocks. One day I will get a tractor or skid steer.

Modern day logger!

Barely.....I am no pro thats for sure. Just a regular guy that decided to have something, and I am hustling. Biggest lesson I have learned.....Rome wasnt built in a day. If you bear that in mind, have patience, bit off little pieces, plan ahead, its ALL obtainable.

Barely.....I am no pro thats for sure. Just a regular guy that decided to have something, and I am hustling. Biggest lesson I have learned.....Rome wasnt built in a day. If you bear that in mind, have patience, bit off little pieces, plan ahead, its ALL obtainable.

You have a good work ethic!