Bullnose Forum

GOOD GUY'S GARAGE

Ray Cecil

Thought I might show yall what progress ive made on garage.

Still insulating and drywall. Its amazing how much cooler it is inside the barn just from having half the walls done. The radiant heat from the sun baking the steel panels doesnt come in. Cant wait to get a ceiling in and insulated.

Im going to relocate the stairs. Going to be going through the loft floor, so I can make 100% use of the floor in the big open area.

I havent checked the progress on your garage in a while, Ray. Great work! You can park a dump truck in there!

• 6 months later...

Thanks Sam. I'll take some more pics of the new progress in a few days.

Well....2020 has been one of the most intense years of my life. I havent been on here much because of it. Thanks for noticing ive been gone.....I guess Jim is loved a lot more than me...lol. Jim, glad to see you are back, I think you scared the h-e-double hockey stick out of Gary.

Anyway.......I am moving. Staying in Kentucky but heading west 1 hour. The blue flareside hasnt moved in months. I still havent had an alignment dine on it since the lift was complete.

So, our new place is 30 acres, brick house with walkout basement, 50x50 garage with concrete in it. The house is a fixer upper. We got a decent deal on it. Probably be january before we move.

The house will be off grid and sustainable. Has a 350ft water well. Im installing a wood burning furnace. Solar panels will be installed in a year or two. About 4 acres is open and tillable, the other 25 or so is hunting ground in a hollar with creeks running.

Going to clear things out a bit and use the blue flareside as our side by side until we get one of those.

So, I'll post the new place pics on here in a couple months.

Well....2020 has been one of the most intense years of my life. I havent been on here much because of it. Thanks for noticing ive been gone.....I guess Jim is loved a lot more than me...lol. Jim, glad to see you are back, I think you scared the h-e-double hockey stick out of Gary.

Anyway.......I am moving. Staying in Kentucky but heading west 1 hour. The blue flareside hasnt moved in months. I still havent had an alignment dine on it since the lift was complete.

So, our new place is 30 acres, brick house with walkout basement, 50x50 garage with concrete in it. The house is a fixer upper. We got a decent deal on it. Probably be january before we move.

The house will be off grid and sustainable. Has a 350ft water well. Im installing a wood burning furnace. Solar panels will be installed in a year or two. About 4 acres is open and tillable, the other 25 or so is hunting ground in a hollar with creeks running.

Going to clear things out a bit and use the blue flareside as our side by side until we get one of those.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving Ray!

Thanks for the update, and good luck with your new homestead. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Good to see from you, Ray! But you have been missed. The difference is that we knew you were busy as you said so to us. But Jim dropped off the radar literally over night.

As for the move, that sounds like what you've said you've always wanted to do - be off the grid. But what about the job?

And the garage sound great!

Congrat's!!!

Glad to hear that all is well Ray! Keep us posted on how it all goes, please.

If I can ever get across the US border again, and make my way out towards Gary's I'll make sure to pass through Kentucky and I'll bring you a fender for that Flareside!

Good to see from you, Ray! But you have been missed. The difference is that we knew you were busy as you said so to us. But Jim dropped off the radar literally over night.

As for the move, that sounds like what you've said you've always wanted to do - be off the grid. But what about the job?

Congrat's!!!

Thanks Gary. Yeah I was just teasin about not being missed. Jim had us all a little more than just concerned.

The job is 1 hour away. Not a bad commute. This year I have worked from home about 5 or 6 months.

This place is REALLY out in the boonies....but the county decided several year ago to invest in Fiber internet. So I called the local isp and they already replaced the copper lines with fiber at this place. Which is a faster connection than what I have now.

If I can ever get across the US border again, and make my way out towards Gary's I'll make sure to pass through Kentucky and I'll bring you a fender for that Flareside!

Hey Cory, save me a fender for sure!! We will be finishing out the basement at this place, so you are welcome to stay with us anytime. Just let me know when your coming.

Hey Cory, save me a fender for sure!! We will be finishing out the basement at this place, so you are welcome to stay with us anytime. Just let me know when your coming.

Congrats on the new home, sounds great! Good that you checked in.

Congrat's!!!

Thanks Gary. Yeah I was just teasin about not being missed. Jim had us all a little more than just concerned.

The job is 1 hour away. Not a bad commute. This year I have worked from home about 5 or 6 months.

This place is REALLY out in the boonies....but the county decided several year ago to invest in Fiber internet. So I called the local isp and they already replaced the copper lines with fiber at this place. Which is a faster connection than what I have now.

A one hour commute was my limit. We moved several times and I always checked out the commute before we decided on where to live, and only once did we pick one with that much commute - London. But the saving grace was that it was on the train/tube so I had time to do other things. Still, I gave up two hours/day to travel.

But if you can work from home some of the time that would, in my calculations, reduce the effective commute time. And having fiber for the connectivity would make the job lots easier as not only does the speed go up but so does the reliability.

Anyway, enjoy! That sound like quite an adventure. :nabble_smiley_good: