Bullnose Forums

GOOD GUY'S GARAGE

Ray Cecil

Change of Plans.....looks like christmas this year my Uncle is giving me a concrete floor!!!

We are starting up a business together, and we are starting it in my garage. So I am donating the space, and he is putting in the floor.

Now that is a great Christmas gift.

So what you doing with the wood cut and are you going to cut more?

Dave ----

Change of Plans.....looks like christmas this year my Uncle is giving me a concrete floor!!!

We are starting up a business together, and we are starting it in my garage. So I am donating the space, and he is putting in the floor.

Now that is a great Christmas gift.

So what you doing with the wood cut and are you going to cut more?

Dave ----

Dave,

Right now the wood in going into a Chicken Coop build. 32 square foot coop. Then a tree house for the boys.

I still need to build handrail for the loft. So I will continue collecting logs for that. I am going to make rough sawn handrail with re-bar spindles.

The interior walls of the barn will get finished out with panels I cut and dry from logs also. Will probably go with a board and batten look.

So, the business we are starting is a value added lumber mill. Our idea we are not ready to share with the world yet. But it has something to do with using local resources of downed trees, milling, and value adding. So, selling a product.

The reason for the concrete, we are going to buy and flip a few classic cars and trucks to get a little more cash flow to purchase some assets to support the milling operation. We will need a concrete floor for the "light" restoration work we will be doing. So we will be searching for classics that have a great potential for a little sprucing up and flipping for a quick profit. Once we have raised enough cash to purchase the assets we need, we will focus on the product.

My uncle is retiring from Oracle soon, and he wants to have a business going by that time he can slide into. We've been talking about it for some time and we've decided to go for it.

Wish us luck!!

Dave,

Right now the wood in going into a Chicken Coop build. 32 square foot coop. Then a tree house for the boys.

I still need to build handrail for the loft. So I will continue collecting logs for that. I am going to make rough sawn handrail with re-bar spindles.

The interior walls of the barn will get finished out with panels I cut and dry from logs also. Will probably go with a board and batten look.

So, the business we are starting is a value added lumber mill. Our idea we are not ready to share with the world yet. But it has something to do with using local resources of downed trees, milling, and value adding. So, selling a product.

The reason for the concrete, we are going to buy and flip a few classic cars and trucks to get a little more cash flow to purchase some assets to support the milling operation. We will need a concrete floor for the "light" restoration work we will be doing. So we will be searching for classics that have a great potential for a little sprucing up and flipping for a quick profit. Once we have raised enough cash to purchase the assets we need, we will focus on the product.

My uncle is retiring from Oracle soon, and he wants to have a business going by that time he can slide into. We've been talking about it for some time and we've decided to go for it.

Wish us luck!!

That sounds like an interesting business proposition. But, you may decide that flipping cars & trucks is so much fun that you'll do that instead or in addition.

It takes just the right type of person to flip things. My brother can do it, but I can't. He knows just what to fix or improve in order to make money. I don't know where to stop and have 2x the money in it than I can get out.

Anyway, good luck! Maybe you'll find some cool Bullnose trucks to flip - and keep one, or three?

That sounds like an interesting business proposition. But, you may decide that flipping cars & trucks is so much fun that you'll do that instead or in addition.

It takes just the right type of person to flip things. My brother can do it, but I can't. He knows just what to fix or improve in order to make money. I don't know where to stop and have 2x the money in it than I can get out.

Anyway, good luck! Maybe you'll find some cool Bullnose trucks to flip - and keep one, or three?

Hahaha....Yeah maybe. We will see. In the spring time when I sell the Collinsville house, I will be on the look-out for another vehicle to drive. The poor Silverado is just falling apart. I have to park it soon or there won't be anything left to restore later.

I like that Bullnose on Bring a trailer. But I really would like a flareside or Bronco. So....we will see what pops up next year.

Hahaha....Yeah maybe. We will see. In the spring time when I sell the Collinsville house, I will be on the look-out for another vehicle to drive. The poor Silverado is just falling apart. I have to park it soon or there won't be anything left to restore later.

I like that Bullnose on Bring a trailer. But I really would like a flareside or Bronco. So....we will see what pops up next year.

If I were considering setting up a business to flip vehicles I'd get a tow truck and a trailer, and make runs to the Pacific Northwest to buy trucks. And better yet, fly out there, buy one, and drive it home.

I've not done the math, but I've seen trucks in the PNW going for far less than what'd they'd go for here. And back in the salt belt they'd go for even more. So, if you can buy them and get them back for a reasonable cost you should be able to make some money. But, again, I haven't done the math so don't know it would work.

If I were considering setting up a business to flip vehicles I'd get a tow truck and a trailer, and make runs to the Pacific Northwest to buy trucks. And better yet, fly out there, buy one, and drive it home.

I've not done the math, but I've seen trucks in the PNW going for far less than what'd they'd go for here. And back in the salt belt they'd go for even more. So, if you can buy them and get them back for a reasonable cost you should be able to make some money. But, again, I haven't done the math so don't know it would work.

I have a trailer, and my uncle just bought a 2018 F250 for the biz...

I don't see that happening unless it makes sense to ship them. That is a LOOONG way from me...

Speaking of long way. I was driving across Kentucky from Lexington to Irvington to pick up a front and rear bumper cover and header panel from Masterson's Salvage yard, and I thought I saw you Ray. There was a guy driving a white Toyota pickup truck towing a trailer full of the type of wood planks you have been cutting for your shop wall and floor. I doubted it was you, but I remembered you lived over that way. I thought it might not be too smart to go waving and acting the fool on the highway, so I just made a mental note and thought I would say hello from here. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Speaking of long way. I was driving across Kentucky from Lexington to Irvington to pick up a front and rear bumper cover and header panel from Masterson's Salvage yard, and I thought I saw you Ray. There was a guy driving a white Toyota pickup truck towing a trailer full of the type of wood planks you have been cutting for your shop wall and floor. I doubted it was you, but I remembered you lived over that way. I thought it might not be too smart to go waving and acting the fool on the highway, so I just made a mental note and thought I would say hello from here. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Nope, wasn't me. I live south of Louisville about 30 minutes. I'm rarely ever up near Lexington. I spent the whole Christmas break at home, building a big ole chicken coop....Not done yet. I've got the frame up, and roughed in. Next step will be framing up the run. Once the run and coop frame are complete, I will put a roof on it, siding, trim etc.