Bullnose Forums

The DataOcean new member post...

DataOcean

Well... about 10 years ago I bought a project truck, an '85 F-250 HD 4WD 6.9. But to be clear, the truck IS the project, and after a few years, it was capable of doing projects... As is typical, there are always things to do... The truck was barely running then...

Just some of the stuff done to it (that I remember)... Glow Plugs, Controller, Glow Plug Harness, return lines, window felts, door posts, turn signal, instrument cluster voltage regulator, starter (twice!), Alternator, glow plug relay, battery cable replacement (4-0 cable!!!), steering rack, batteries, Fuel/Water separator, mechanical fuel pump, fuel line heater, lights, bulbs, tires, front brake rotors & disc rebuild, back brake R&R, all fluids (gear oil!)... and more.

Currently both the front and rear fuel tanks are out, and I'm waiting for some minor parts to install a set of plastic MTS Company tanks. (Pic 2)

The major things left... Air conditioning, Heater/Air fan motor + box, the dash, all windows, aftermarket gauge set, LED lighting conversion, all undercarriage / steering bushings / consumables, R&R the current critter guard, and finally - a turbo unit for the mountain drives. I've decided not to "pretty up" or fix the appearances.

Along the way I've acquired a complete set of shop manuals including the Diesel supplements, the 1985 bound illustration and text parts guides, and a complete set of 1985 electrical diagram sheets.

If you're still here... the funniest recent story, is rescuing the GI Joe figurine wedged between the mid-ship tank and its skid plate... clearly he'd been there since at least the last owner of the truck some +10 years ago... so I found an appropriate place for him to occupy and continue to watch over the blue beast (pic 3)

I'll be lurking over in the appropriate places... Thank you for having me.

/michael

IMG_1895.jpg.08b56fd5f6b70028e47275534232a7dd.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg.cef6e4e600daa22b53e114a734574352.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg.9d7df5445f5f55e20bc5dd8f8a375482.jpg

Welcome, Michael! :nabble_waving_orig:

It's heartwarming to see you're taking care of your truck because it takes care of you and your projects.

We don't get to see fences like that out here.

Somewhere a 30 year old just came to the realization of where he left his toy. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I like the trailer mirrors with fish eyes too.

There must be a good view with those swung out.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I like the truck, or should I say "project"? That's quite the list of things fixed and things to fix. Reminds me of my truck(s).

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a city or zip.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I like the truck, or should I say "project"? That's quite the list of things fixed and things to fix. Reminds me of my truck(s).

Where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a city or zip.

Welcome!