Bullnose Forum

Help!! I broke a bolt

I got a set of those as well. I'm even thinking about getting some left hand drill bits

Ok guys today is the day, its finally warm enough to go outside, now is the time to get started.

We doing the left handed drill bit first, then if that dont work, ez out, if that dont work, re-tap. I've been soaking it all week long and am hoping against hope the left handed bit will do the trick. Please keep Nick and i in your thoughts as we do this. The heater core busted in the crown vic, we really need Brutus back up and running.

Ok guys today is the day, its finally warm enough to go outside, now is the time to get started.

We doing the left handed drill bit first, then if that dont work, ez out, if that dont work, re-tap. I've been soaking it all week long and am hoping against hope the left handed bit will do the trick. Please keep Nick and i in your thoughts as we do this. The heater core busted in the crown vic, we really need Brutus back up and running.

Thank God for small miracles. Brutus has to take a trip via a tow chain. We broke the ez out off in the hole and cant get it out. My neighbor called his son-in-law who owns a shop and is going to meet us there tomorrow and get it out and tap it for us.

Thank God for small miracles. Brutus has to take a trip via a tow chain. We broke the ez out off in the hole and cant get it out. My neighbor called his son-in-law who owns a shop and is going to meet us there tomorrow and get it out and tap it for us.

Oops! Been there, done that. But it sounds like you are in good hands!

Sorry George. This will sound crazy, but there's a feel one acquires for when an EZ out or even a tap is gonna snap. I pulled so many broken bolts in the AF that I was able to acquire that feel. One has to break many to acquire....lol! It's not fun breaking them, for sure. Keep us posted on Brutus.

That's a bummer!

Hopefully you two will be back on the road with Brutus tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm not sure about your engine, but definitely use Loctite or some other sealant on that bolt if lt goes through to water.

When these things corrode on the back side they definitely won't come out.

I know exactly that 'feel' John speaks of.

The moment you think "just a little bit more" is the moment you should put down the tap wrench and walk away.

Tap wrenches are the thing for EZ-Out's too.

That's a bummer!

Hopefully you two will be back on the road with Brutus tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm not sure about your engine, but definitely use Loctite or some other sealant on that bolt if lt goes through to water.

When these things corrode on the back side they definitely won't come out.

I know exactly that 'feel' John speaks of.

The moment you think "just a little bit more" is the moment you should put down the tap wrench and walk away.

Tap wrenches are the thing for EZ-Out's too.

I think about it like this. I really dont know what i am doing when it comes to this, this guy does and isn't going to charge us anything thankfully. The bolt dosent go into the water pump, it is the top bolt, it bolts to the head and dosent go through, its like there is a channel the bolt goes in, you can reach around where the thermostat goes and feel the bump sticking out where the bolt goes. I definatly plan on using loctite trust me on that one:-)

I think about it like this. I really dont know what i am doing when it comes to this, this guy does and isn't going to charge us anything thankfully. The bolt dosent go into the water pump, it is the top bolt, it bolts to the head and dosent go through, its like there is a channel the bolt goes in, you can reach around where the thermostat goes and feel the bump sticking out where the bolt goes. I definatly plan on using loctite trust me on that one:-)

We back running the roads once again. The guy took some kind of torch, not sure whart it was, but it just blew the busted bolt and the ez out right out of there, he cleaned it up and a new bolt went right in. He put the housing back on for me and we were able to drive it back home.

We back running the roads once again. The guy took some kind of torch, not sure whart it was, but it just blew the busted bolt and the ez out right out of there, he cleaned it up and a new bolt went right in. He put the housing back on for me and we were able to drive it back home.

Cool beans! :nabble_smiley_good:

Glad you're back mobile.

Congratulations!!!! 👍