Bullnose Forums

Help!! I broke a bolt

I have small bits so i'm good there. Thanks very much for the advice.

After dealing with broken exhaust manifold bolts on a 460 in the truck, I broke down and found a good deal on a Dewalt 18V cordless angle drill. I had borrowed one the last time because between the spring towers and AC casing the right side is a royal PITA to do anything with. I usually pull the inner fender for better access.

After dealing with broken exhaust manifold bolts on a 460 in the truck, I broke down and found a good deal on a Dewalt 18V cordless angle drill. I had borrowed one the last time because between the spring towers and AC casing the right side is a royal PITA to do anything with. I usually pull the inner fender for better access.

The right angle drill is for sure a better option. No more than i have needed one i could not justify the cost. But when you need that right angle there is only a couple of options

The right angle drill is for sure a better option. No more than i have needed one i could not justify the cost. But when you need that right angle there is only a couple of options

George, IMHO, I think you will find those adapters to be a Major PITA.

I guess we shall see. If worse comes to worse, pull the head. I really hope it dosent come to that. Going to try the EZ out thing first

This is more like what I was thinking about when I said 90 deg drill /www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCD740B-20-Volt-Li-Ion-Right/dp/B007ML7DHS/ref=asc_df_B007ML7DHS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241

This is more like what I was thinking about when I said 90 deg drill /www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCD740B-20-Volt-Li-Ion-Right/dp/B007ML7DHS/ref=asc_df_B007ML7DHS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241

That is pretty much what I have except mine is 18V. I had to find it on eBay as the Dewalt store in VB only had 20V ones and I have all 18V tools so I would need a different charger and batteries just for the one tool. The sales lady in VB said you could could change them all, to which I replied, can I trade the others in? No was the answer, so I went looking for a good buy on eBay.

That is pretty much what I have except mine is 18V. I had to find it on eBay as the Dewalt store in VB only had 20V ones and I have all 18V tools so I would need a different charger and batteries just for the one tool. The sales lady in VB said you could could change them all, to which I replied, can I trade the others in? No was the answer, so I went looking for a good buy on eBay.

134182137_2013016075507551_794009850829779056_o.jpg.f708672d40384b68a36bf6181cfa3359.jpg

90 degree drills are the only tool for certain jobs and the rest of the time they sit in the toolbox sad and lonely.

But when you need them, nothing else works.

They can be hard to get good leverage on because youre not pushing through the bit like on a regular drill and you can end up going in at bad angles. So it helps to take some extra time to make sure youre getting your bit or extractor lined up really well before you really dig in.

90 degree drills are the only tool for certain jobs and the rest of the time they sit in the toolbox sad and lonely.

But when you need them, nothing else works.

They can be hard to get good leverage on because youre not pushing through the bit like on a regular drill and you can end up going in at bad angles. So it helps to take some extra time to make sure youre getting your bit or extractor lined up really well before you really dig in.

Also, I think everyone here knows what youre going thru right now! Deep breaths.