Bullnose Forums

Another find, but Lariat with crank windows?

We just picked up this 86 IDI parts truck for a miserly sum. It's very clean inside, but some rust in the cab down low. The 6.9 is shot, young fellow drove it down from WA, didn't know about ring end gaps, and ran it out of oil. C6 behind it and 4.10 in the pumpkins, so he was running it at high RPM no doubt. Bed is straight, tailgate missing.

The front clip will go on my son's 97 Aeronose. He's always wanted that look.

The cool factory seats will go in our 86, which came to us with - gasp - Bronco seats. Y'all may remember I had to weld its cracked floorpan back up and put in a factory pan to mount some 92 junkyard seats. Finally our Bullnose will have proper seats that let the passenger seat tilt and slide forward.

I'm very curious about the Lariat badges. The dash sure looks like XLT Lariat, no cracks on it either as the truck came from cooler climes, but she has crank windows. Did a Lariat come with crank windows in 1986???

Toying with the idea of making one 4x4 truck out of two now. Our 86 4x2 has a decent 6.9 and a ZF5 that we put in. Were we to pull its cab, and motor/tranny, we could drop them on this 4x4 parts truck frame and have a ZF5 4x4 6.9 Bullnose. But that would have to wait till I build a shop.

250idi4x4crop.thumb.jpg.4caa2c35cd2555350ff2a1b6ebb730a2.jpg

LariatCrank1000.thumb.jpg.2f1b18964b03f04fd68bc5e03b3426fb.jpg

That's a great score! You and your son are going to have FUN!

But on the idea of making a 4x4 out of two trucks, I wish you could drive that F250 before you go to all the effort. I'm not a fan of the ride that a TTB with leaf springs gives.

That looks great!

Good find!

Yep - my 86 xlt lariat came with cranks. Are those door panels as nice as they look in that photo?

>Are those door panels as nice as they look in that photo?

The door panels are as sweet as can be. It was an older lady's truck, and she passed away. Very little wear and tear to be seen.

>I wish you could drive that F250 before you go to all the effort.

Thanks for reminding me. We have a 96 F250 4x4 in the fleet now. With those horrible stock shackles up front. And it rides poorly. Why Furd did that is a mystery. We'd want to install an RSK. I wonder if Sky even offers one for Bullnoses? I only see 92-97 on their website.

https://www.skysoffroaddesign.com/products/92-97-f-350-superduty-shackle-reversal-kits

>Are those door panels as nice as they look in that photo?

The door panels are as sweet as can be. It was an older lady's truck, and she passed away. Very little wear and tear to be seen.

>I wish you could drive that F250 before you go to all the effort.

Thanks for reminding me. We have a 96 F250 4x4 in the fleet now. With those horrible stock shackles up front. And it rides poorly. Why Furd did that is a mystery. We'd want to install an RSK. I wonder if Sky even offers one for Bullnoses? I only see 92-97 on their website.

https://www.skysoffroaddesign.com/products/92-97-f-350-superduty-shackle-reversal-kits

I'm running Serial #1 of Sky's RSK for the SuperDuty springs. Was on a first-name basis with Erik for a while. Read about it here: Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install

I'm running Serial #1 of Sky's RSK for the SuperDuty springs. Was on a first-name basis with Erik for a while. Read about it here: Sky's Offroad Design Super Duty RSK Install

We're right in the middle of a Sky install on my son's 97. So far so good. All parts appear of xlnt quality. His bumper mounts needed to be re-engineered. But it's not a stock bumper, natch.

It does provide 5" of lift ... well, he's still a young man. I would have gone for only 2-3" myself.

Now right on the heels of that, he's tackling the Bullnose clip soon. Folklore holds that only 85 and later Bullnoses have the right inner fender shape to graft onto an OBS. Galvanization is a nice plus too.

We're right in the middle of a Sky install on my son's 97. So far so good. All parts appear of xlnt quality. His bumper mounts needed to be re-engineered. But it's not a stock bumper, natch.

It does provide 5" of lift ... well, he's still a young man. I would have gone for only 2-3" myself.

Now right on the heels of that, he's tackling the Bullnose clip soon. Folklore holds that only 85 and later Bullnoses have the right inner fender shape to graft onto an OBS. Galvanization is a nice plus too.

Wow, 5" is a lot of lift. :nabble_smiley_oh:

On the fenders, I wasn't aware that there was a difference. Nor that the '85 and later ones were galvanized. :nabble_anim_confused: I'll be curious to see what you find.