Bullnose Forums

Work Groups

Yes, this ID is an Assistant Admin, and I didn't say an AA can assign. So while it can see that the thread has been assigned, it doesn't have the ability to assign nor be assigned to.

Well, I just noticed that we have two new columns, as shown below. And, there are dropdowns so you can filter by priority or assignments. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

Assignment__Priority_Columns.thumb.jpg.bb55140ff0eb856a2c9bbb653c1e83d0.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, no longer is there. Here's what it looked like and now the stuff in the circle is gone.

I definitely got all the post notices in my email, like I had subscribed to this thread.

And I do have the 'assignment' box above Post Message.

But it doesn't seem to be assigned or have a priority anymore, like Johns booster thread does.

Email received.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n84121/Screenshot_20210101-214212_Spark.png

Reassigned to John at level 2.

Received at level 2. I clicked on the bottom link and it took me right to the assignment post that Scott sent me quoted above. Not the thread starter at the top, his very post.

Email received.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n84121/Screenshot_20210101-214212_Spark.png

Reassigned to John at level 2.

Received at level 2. I clicked on the bottom link and it took me right to the assignment post that Scott sent me quoted above. Not the thread starter at the top, his very post.

Jim - At 10:48 CST last night I "unassigned" it, which took the notice at the top of the thread and on the main page away. But you'd already gotten the email(s) calling your attention to the thread and the specific post.

John - Yes, it takes you to a post, but marks the whole thread as assigned.

Jim - At 10:48 CST last night I "unassigned" it, which took the notice at the top of the thread and on the main page away. But you'd already gotten the email(s) calling your attention to the thread and the specific post.

John - Yes, it takes you to a post, but marks the whole thread as assigned.

Ok, sports fans, to this point all of the discussion has been from the admins. But I'd like to see comments from all of y'all, inc admins, on the questions below. However, let me first state what the feature is and does:

The work group function allows those who are allowed to use it, which is right now just the admins, to assign an "issue" to someone else in the work group. That does three things: First, it send that person an email that they've been assigned that issue; second, it marks the whole thread assigned by placing a notice at the top; last, it shows on the main page that it has been assigned and to whom and at what level.

The thinking is that there are times when we see that a certain person probably knows the answer or needs to see this post, but we aren't sure he will so if we "assign" it to him he'll get an email notification.

So the questions to y'all are:

• Is it workable to have the whole membership list in the dropdown? That's the only way I can see to allow all of you to use this function. See below for more on that.

• Does it bother you that there are now two additional columns on the main page for Priority and Assignee? We MAY be able to remove those, but aren't sure and it would take some work. And, by the way, having those columns appears to take away the "Views" column, although I doubt that's an issue.

I set work groups up on the TEST Forum and then took this screenshot. As you can see, you'd have to use the slider to find the person, but it isn't too onerous. I could turn it on here to all members if we want to have a play with it.

THOUGHTS????

Work_Group_Assignees_-_All_Members.thumb.jpg.d5d35ab7a0ab6befefead4c4474458d7.jpg

Ok, sports fans, to this point all of the discussion has been from the admins. But I'd like to see comments from all of y'all, inc admins, on the questions below. However, let me first state what the feature is and does:

The work group function allows those who are allowed to use it, which is right now just the admins, to assign an "issue" to someone else in the work group. That does three things: First, it send that person an email that they've been assigned that issue; second, it marks the whole thread assigned by placing a notice at the top; last, it shows on the main page that it has been assigned and to whom and at what level.

The thinking is that there are times when we see that a certain person probably knows the answer or needs to see this post, but we aren't sure he will so if we "assign" it to him he'll get an email notification.

So the questions to y'all are:

• Is it workable to have the whole membership list in the dropdown? That's the only way I can see to allow all of you to use this function. See below for more on that.

• Does it bother you that there are now two additional columns on the main page for Priority and Assignee? We MAY be able to remove those, but aren't sure and it would take some work. And, by the way, having those columns appears to take away the "Views" column, although I doubt that's an issue.

I set work groups up on the TEST Forum and then took this screenshot. As you can see, you'd have to use the slider to find the person, but it isn't too onerous. I could turn it on here to all members if we want to have a play with it.

THOUGHTS????

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Scott suggested that we might want to remove the priority and assignee columns from the main page. So that seemed like a challenge to me and I think I did it. And I put the Views column back.

So, tell us what you think, please. Do you like the main page the way it is now?

And, if you want to know what it looks like with those two work group columns, here 'tis:

Capture_Of_Main_Page_with_Priority__Assignee_Columns.thumb.jpg.0b471005a790268e62f22db720f52c73.jpg

Or, we could have all three:

Capture_Of_Main_Page_with_All_Three_Columns.thumb.jpg.cdb5d91068012b225114fa769c355181.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Scott suggested that we might want to remove the priority and assignee columns from the main page. So that seemed like a challenge to me and I think I did it. And I put the Views column back.

So, tell us what you think, please. Do you like the main page the way it is now?

And, if you want to know what it looks like with those two work group columns, here 'tis:

Or, we could have all three:

Ok, apparently there is no interest in this function. I'll give it another 24 hours and then turn it off if we aren't going to use it.

Ok, apparently there is no interest in this function. I'll give it another 24 hours and then turn it off if we aren't going to use it.

Gary, I'm not so sure we really need it. And, unless I'm missing something, it may be a lot of time consuming work for very little usage.