Bullnose Forums

Truck Fire

Can we talk about the pond of gasoline I just noticed at the back of my intake manifold? :nabble_smiley_scared:

So, what brand carb did you put on? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, that looks like it might be right below the fuel line. Didn't you say something about adapting one type of fitting to another to go from the Eddy to the Holley?

So, what brand carb did you put on? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, that looks like it might be right below the fuel line. Didn't you say something about adapting one type of fitting to another to go from the Eddy to the Holley?

The Holley and the Eddy both have a passenger side fuel log.

I had to get a reverse flare to 5/16 barb, because I'm using this 2000 Altima metal fuel filter that comes with a 90° bend on the outlet rather than the 3/8 filter I had back when I last used this carb.

I snugged up the rear inlet flare nut.

I think the log inlet is too close to my manifold vacuum tree.

Performer intake has it on the passenger side, and I'm thinking there might be some vibration.

The Holley and the Eddy both have a passenger side fuel log.

I had to get a reverse flare to 5/16 barb, because I'm using this 2000 Altima metal fuel filter that comes with a 90° bend on the outlet rather than the 3/8 filter I had back when I last used this carb.

I snugged up the rear inlet flare nut.

I think the log inlet is too close to my manifold vacuum tree.

Performer intake has it on the passenger side, and I'm thinking there might be some vibration.

I think we might also mention the fires caused by master cylinder pressure switches.

Though I think none of these trucks (with a cast iron master) had any problems, the Bricknose certainly did!

I can post a link, or a bunch of my neighbor Ben's truck and the aftermath.

I think we might also mention the fires caused by master cylinder pressure switches.

Though I think none of these trucks (with a cast iron master) had any problems, the Bricknose certainly did!

I can post a link, or a bunch of my neighbor Ben's truck and the aftermath.

Another fire problem is when the high pressure hose blows on the power steering pump blows and sprays trans/ power steering fluid all over the hot exhaust manifold.

Another fire problem is when the high pressure hose blows on the power steering pump blows and sprays trans/ power steering fluid all over the hot exhaust manifold.

My dad's 87 bricknose once caught fire when the transmission line burst and spit onto his exhaust manifold. He was able to get it out quickly but not before it singed some of the plastic vacuum lines.