Bullnose Forums

Brake Booster Parts

And, by the way, I've "assigned" this to me, which means I'm supposed to get an email about it that I can follow up on tomorrow. Besides, I want to see how this new feature works. :nabble_smiley_wink:

That's cool! I see the assignment among the many threads on the main page and at the top of my initial post.

Looks too like I have the ability to unassigned, reasign to different person, and change priority.

Yes, as an admin you do have. You should also have assignment notices for the Work Groups threads. Yes?

Ohhhhh.....that's ingenious, Gary! I missed that post. Yeah, I'll get you that cap measurement. Thanks

John - Here's the package I'll ship to you on Monday. It includes:

• Plastic Piece: This one is drilled for both the smaller and larger boosters, and it fits both the one off Big Blue as well as the one off Dad's truck, so I'm sure it'll fit. Unfortunately it is in black. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Regulator/Gauge: I assume you have compressed air with the standard fittings? This regulator and gauge are low pressure, and Jim is right, you don't want to put more than maybe 5 psi on the master's reservoir. I think I used 4 psi. But, be careful as that regulator is probably set to 7 or 8 as it is what I use for powder coating and 8 is about the magic pressure for that.

• Cap & Hoses: The cap should fit based on your pic, on the left, and mine on the right, below. And the extra hose is what I used to run from the bleeder screw to the catch can.

Brake_Kit_For_Machspeed.thumb.jpg.0ef101386b2a65df72f7772ad261fd2a.jpg

As said, here are the caps, yours on the left and mine on the right. And, I'm going to mark this task "Unassigned". (The task in my mind was to get the bits together, not ship them. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

IMG_2944.thumb.jpg.6c9bd6e5d264802e3dbf5e59994661f0.jpgMaster_Cylinder_Cap_Dimension.thumb.jpg.3086f540ad0c7d13a2ceff61afb2f566.jpg

John - Here's the package I'll ship to you on Monday. It includes:

• Plastic Piece: This one is drilled for both the smaller and larger boosters, and it fits both the one off Big Blue as well as the one off Dad's truck, so I'm sure it'll fit. Unfortunately it is in black. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Regulator/Gauge: I assume you have compressed air with the standard fittings? This regulator and gauge are low pressure, and Jim is right, you don't want to put more than maybe 5 psi on the master's reservoir. I think I used 4 psi. But, be careful as that regulator is probably set to 7 or 8 as it is what I use for powder coating and 8 is about the magic pressure for that.

• Cap & Hoses: The cap should fit based on your pic, on the left, and mine on the right, below. And the extra hose is what I used to run from the bleeder screw to the catch can.

As said, here are the caps, yours on the left and mine on the right. And, I'm going to mark this task "Unassigned". (The task in my mind was to get the bits together, not ship them. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

That's great, thanks Gary! Wished I could come up with a nomenclature on that plastic part. And yes, I do have compressed air.

I didn't think you'd painted your truck with a rattle can! 😉

Jim, are you in danger of becoming a smarta**....http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/laughing-25-x-25_orig.gif!

Compressor.thumb.jpg.bcdea79531f2f24dfe44ce44c027ed62.jpg

Back there in the corner it be...........

Funny this was posted - I spent my weekend gutting the ‘85 cab. When I pulled the booster, mine disintegrated as well and had me thinking I’ll need to source one. That foam gasket will will need to be replaced after paint but that is much easier to replicate if needed.

D7B97C5B-6C2C-474A-A053-B654B53BD165.jpeg.466bd59af02b28db9b1eba36e9d220a4.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of brake booster parts, I just received a new booster for the 1980 project truck, and it doesn't have that plastic part. It just has a rubber bellows type seal on the back. Is it OK just like this or should I go digging the old booster out of the junk heap to see if the plastic piece is still on the back of it??

IMG_3673.jpg.0cc6daf3bbdcb5ad0c81c371e7735f07.jpg

Speaking of brake booster parts, I just received a new booster for the 1980 project truck, and it doesn't have that plastic part. It just has a rubber bellows type seal on the back. Is it OK just like this or should I go digging the old booster out of the junk heap to see if the plastic piece is still on the back of it??

Corey, that is in place of the old plastic cover. Frankly, that is better than the plastic cover! Stay with it.