Bullnose Forums

Brake Booster Parts

I'm going to clean up my brake booster before I put it back on but I'm in need of some parts. Need a new check valve and, for lack of correct nomenclature, the plastic cover shown below. Can someone tell me what this part is and where I might acquire it? I can find the check valve but no find on the plastic piece.

Plastic_Shield.thumb.jpg.4efb708a967494409111cdfbe662fd5a.jpg

Check_Valve.thumb.jpg.6ab785b574091109371707ad2b7e45b6.jpg

John - I can't find that part in the illustrations. Maybe I'm missing it, but....

However, I'm sure I have at least one that I don't need. I'll ship it to you, but my shipping place won't be open until Monday. However, I could also include the air pressure regulator and fittings that allow you to bleed the brakes with just air pressure - assuming you have compressed air available.

John - I can't find that part in the illustrations. Maybe I'm missing it, but....

However, I'm sure I have at least one that I don't need. I'll ship it to you, but my shipping place won't be open until Monday. However, I could also include the air pressure regulator and fittings that allow you to bleed the brakes with just air pressure - assuming you have compressed air available.

Gary, I'm thinking your MC may be different than mine, as in another port. Can you send me a pic illustrating how you bleed your MC?

And, if you have that plastic shield and are willing to part with it, I'd sure like to have it. I can't find it anywhere on the web. I'll text you my address.

Gary, I'm thinking your MC may be different than mine, as in another port. Can you send me a pic illustrating how you bleed your MC?

And, if you have that plastic shield and are willing to part with it, I'd sure like to have it. I can't find it anywhere on the web. I'll text you my address.

I think that white plastic piece comes with a new booster, so I assume it is not available as a separate item?

John - The writeup on the brake bleeding tool is at Gary's Brake Bleeding Tool, and there are lots of pics. But I don't bleed through a port. Instead I put about 3 psi of air pressure on top of the fluid and crack open a bleeder valve. Initially you'll get a lot of air and have to make sure the master doesn't go dry, but after you get the most of the air out it goes quickly.

The only possible problem is the size of the cap. Measure yours and tomorrow I'll measure mine. And, I'll make sure I have the plastic piece.

John - The writeup on the brake bleeding tool is at Gary's Brake Bleeding Tool, and there are lots of pics. But I don't bleed through a port. Instead I put about 3 psi of air pressure on top of the fluid and crack open a bleeder valve. Initially you'll get a lot of air and have to make sure the master doesn't go dry, but after you get the most of the air out it goes quickly.

The only possible problem is the size of the cap. Measure yours and tomorrow I'll measure mine. And, I'll make sure I have the plastic piece.

Ohhhhh.....that's ingenious, Gary! I missed that post. Yeah, I'll get you that cap measurement. Thanks

Ohhhhh.....that's ingenious, Gary! I missed that post. Yeah, I'll get you that cap measurement. Thanks

I think you'll like it, assuming that my cap is the same size as yours. Sure makes bleeding the system easier.

And, by the way, I've "assigned" this to me, which means I'm supposed to get an email about it that I can follow up on tomorrow. Besides, I want to see how this new feature works. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I think you'll like it, assuming that my cap is the same size as yours. Sure makes bleeding the system easier.

And, by the way, I've "assigned" this to me, which means I'm supposed to get an email about it that I can follow up on tomorrow. Besides, I want to see how this new feature works. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The 'feature' is interesting...

It definitely got my attention. 👀

I'm fairly sure all the Bricknose reservoirs use the same cap.

But you must be careful with the air pressure.

The plastic reservoir is only a press fit into the master.

That's cool! I see the assignment among the many threads on the main page and at the top of my initial post.

Looks too like I have the ability to unassigned, reasign to different person, and change priority.