Bullnose Forums

Bullnose and Bricknose side window glass

I found this out some time back and have no clue why i am thinking about it now, but since I am, i feel the need to swhare this information.

As you know, my parts truck is an 88 Bricknose. Some years ago, when closing Brutus's door, the glass shattered. We took the driver window out of the 88 and the window glass is narrower then the Bullnose glass. The vent window is wider on the bricknose. Everything fits, but I had to change the vent window and when ordering new window scrapers, i ordered them for the 86, i ended up having to cut the one for the driver door.

Just thought i'd share

Is this the same for the Aeronose trucks? I have a wrecked 95 f150 that has the door and vent windows still intact. They’re tinted too. My vent window handle broke off awhile back and I figured I could just swap in the vent windows and door glass from the 95. Just need to trim the window scrapers so it’ll fit?

Is this the same for the Aeronose trucks? I have a wrecked 95 f150 that has the door and vent windows still intact. They’re tinted too. My vent window handle broke off awhile back and I figured I could just swap in the vent windows and door glass from the 95. Just need to trim the window scrapers so it’ll fit?

I once installed bricknose glass in my 1980 F150, only to find that the window glass was narrower as George mentioned. This caused the window to be loose in the channel, and it also leaked during heavy rains.

If you're swapping to glass from a bricknose or aeronose truck, it is best to swap to the bricknose or aeronose vent windows as well. Keep in mind that the door glass is the same 1987-1997, but the vent window glass is slightly different between bricknose and aeronose trucks as the 92-97 vent windows have a slightly different glass shape to allow them to clear the dash. Bullnose and bricknose vent windows will hit the dash on an aeronose truck.

I once installed bricknose glass in my 1980 F150, only to find that the window glass was narrower as George mentioned. This caused the window to be loose in the channel, and it also leaked during heavy rains.

If you're swapping to glass from a bricknose or aeronose truck, it is best to swap to the bricknose or aeronose vent windows as well. Keep in mind that the door glass is the same 1987-1997, but the vent window glass is slightly different between bricknose and aeronose trucks as the 92-97 vent windows have a slightly different glass shape to allow them to clear the dash. Bullnose and bricknose vent windows will hit the dash on an aeronose truck.

It was one of those things that just popped into my mind. I was thumbing through a LMC catalog and saw the window scrapers and that is what reminded me. I see i'm not the only one that went through this..