Bullnose Forums

1985 Ford F150 Time Capsule!

LARIAT 85

This video popped up on my YouTube feed today:

What a BEAUTY! I do love the [early] 1985 "Lariat" models with the rare upper trim molding. They just don't get any better-looking than this one. The owner mistakenly claims that this was "...the last year for a carburetor," but that isn't entirely accurate. It is true that 1985 was the last year for a carbureted 5.0/302, but this truck has a 5.8L 4.V H.O. The last year this engine was carbureted was 1987.

I really like the wheel selection. If I couldn't have found the stock Deluxe Argent Style Steel wheels for my Lucille when I restored her a few years ago, this style was going to be my second choice. Someone even drilled and tapped holes to accept the stock Ford "Lariat" center caps - very nice touch!

This is the same exact truck that Gary archived a few years ago, albeit with a lift kit and new tires and wheels:

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1985-f-150-survivor.html

Yes, time capsule indeed! That truck was a garage ornament. Original paint does not hold up like that. And, look at that bed. Never seen that type of OEM spare tire holder in the bed. Interesting is that it has no tach. I was under the assumption that all XLT's had tachs. And do love the wheels, especially with the adapted Ford caps.

Yes, time capsule indeed! That truck was a garage ornament. Original paint does not hold up like that. And, look at that bed. Never seen that type of OEM spare tire holder in the bed. Interesting is that it has no tach. I was under the assumption that all XLT's had tachs. And do love the wheels, especially with the adapted Ford caps.

No tach and no sliding rear window. I think we discussed this truck previously. Sure is pretty though.

This truck has had some restoration work done to it. Maybe not the exterior paint, but they did do some work underneath it and a little in the engine bay.

Beautiful truck. Im thankful none of my trucks are near as nice. I get to admire from a distance, but Id be too nervous about getting a scratch on the paint.

I know some of you guys really love your trucks, the amount of attention and detail you put into them.

:nabble_smiley_good:

Beautiful truck. Im thankful none of my trucks are near as nice. I get to admire from a distance, but Id be too nervous about getting a scratch on the paint.

I know some of you guys really love your trucks, the amount of attention and detail you put into them.

:nabble_smiley_good:

I can't say I'm a fan of the lift kit and oversized tires. I like it better when it was all original and untouched. I wonder where the original wheels went?

Stacking blocks is a cardinal sin when lifting trucks and I bet that thing has some nasty axle wrap. My Ranger on just 2.5" blocks has awful axle wrap. This one has probably 6" worth of blocks in it. :nabble_anim_crazy:

That's a really pretty truck, Rick!

Thanks for posting the video. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I'm with Sam and Shaun, though.

No A+ for effort when the lift is blocks.

Even a hockey puck body lift with grade 'butter' cab bolts wouldnt cause driveline damage.

It really is too clean for someone like me to drive.